BASEBALL CENTRAL: Vols at Ole Miss

VN News

The Tennessee Volunteers (12-13, 2-7 SEC) continue its eight-game road stretch with a three-game weekend series visiting the Ole Miss Rebels (15-14, 4-5 SEC).

More...

Discuss.

KSerrano as this week's Friday night starter? As Fulmer used to say about James Banks playing QB: "The band is gonna be playing, you just hope it's your's."

Let's hope he performs up to his potential this week.

I thought we brought in a coach that could make TN baseball better. This team seems to be no better than past versions. I admit that I have only seen a couple of games but this team does not pass the "eye" test IMHO.

Flame on.

It's been a miserable first 3 weeks in Sec games.

Anytime a win it's been one step forward 3 steps back. I still believe Vols are capable of playing better than the scrub ball they've put out in the horrid losses for the first 3 SEC series but unless the Vols start playing better by winning SEC series all I got is foolish optimism that keeps proving unfruitful.

Last edited:
Serrano and team have already made their summer tee times, 7 weeks from now.

Last edited:
Serrano and team have already made their summer tee times, 7 weeks from now.

Serrano his own worst enemy talking up this team prior to the season talking about making it to Omaha, etc... Either he does not have a clue about the talent on this team or lack thereof or he is not a good coach.

I'm not really sure why the expectations were so high. We lost our 3 best hitters from last year. In addition, the recruiting class was middle of the pack.

Serrano his own worst enemy talking up this team prior to the season talking about making it to Omaha, etc... Either he does not have a clue about the talent on this team or lack thereof or he is not a good coach.

Well said 1985Vols, well said completely agree.

He has overestimated them by 500 miles.

Keep recruiting knoxville talent and keep finishing last in the league.. Seen this movie for the last 10-15 years now. West knoxville baseball doesn't produce in the sec.

Reactions: 1 person
Keep recruiting knoxville talent and keep finishing last in the league.. Seen this movie for the last 10-15 years now. West knoxville baseball doesn't produce in the sec.

Maybe true, however, Todd Helton, Bubba Trammel and for the life of me I can't remember the name of the pitcher ( Freeman?)all came from Knoxville and went to several World Series. Will agree this past group of Farragut/ West Knox players have been less than average.

Maybe true, however, Todd Helton, Bubba Trammel and for the life of me I can't remember the name of the pitcher ( Freeman?)all came from Knoxville and went to several World Series. Will agree this past group of Farragut/ West Knox players have been less than average.

Farragut gets a lot of pub, but it's tough to deny that most of Tennessee's best local talent came from other parts of Knox and other counties. That Knox Central team was freakish and the most talented we will EVER see.

Jeff Foster was on that team with Freeman, Helton & Trammell and he was Doyle grad. Bearden gave us Garner and Mike DeFelice.

Farragut rose to prominence at the same time as travel teams that have sucked the joy out of the game, and also burned out a lot of arms and players. The players from Farragut that have gone to UT or Vandy or to minor leagues have seemed to be injury prone, especially pitchers. I believe a lot of these kids have made up for a lack of natural ability with lots of coaching and tournament play

VN Store

Back