Lol at the posters telling others they were over reacting

Folks

After the Florida series.

Uga just won the series 2-1

Vols committed 6 errors, 6! Would have been more if we weren't the home team.

No improvement in year 4 thus far.. Serrano has a worse SEC record than Raleigh did at this point.

Reactions: 2 people

No improvement in year 4 thus far.. Serrano has a worse SEC record than Raleigh did at this point.

So...what's your point? :whistling:

GO BASEVOLS!

Reactions: 4 people
I will admit that I'm not a big follower of baseball, however I expected better from him by now. I was really excited when we hired him

I have always thought fans should wait most of the way through a conference schedule to evaluate a season in a sport. Most fans get too high after a win and too low after a loss. So far, the season is disappointing, but sports can be funny, and teams can make runs. After our second basketball loss to A&M last year, I don't think many thought we would be a call away from the Elite Eight. But this is a message board, and people like to be heard after every game.

Reactions: 3 people

Serrano inherited Raleigh's dumpster fire.

Reactions: 2 people
Serrano inherited Raleigh's dumpster fire.

That excuse was valid in 2012 when Serrano played Raleigh's guys.

It was semi-valid in 2013 when he brought in 22 new players and we had the youngest team this side of Williamsport.

It was getting old by 2014 when another 15 Serrano recruits arrived.

And it's a stinking corpse of an excuse this year when we have another 13 Serrano recruits on the team.

Serrano has brought in 50 of his guys (not counting players who practiced in the fall but didn't make a spring roster), and there's only one Raleigh recruit still on the squad. This is his team, and it's not a young team any more.

I've said all along that a) he was the best hire we could make at the time, b) he should get the full five years of his contract, and c) I would withhold judgment about his effectiveness until the end of the 2015 season. I still stand behind all three of those positions.

However, time is running out. This is a VERY important year for two reasons:

First, the cream of Serrano's first recruiting class can go pro this summer. Those guys, along with our senior Friday night starter, include nearly all the key contributors on this team. Like it or not, next year is a major rebuilding year, and I don't see a lot of players ready to step up to replace them.

Second, when he first took the job, Serrano could credibly tell recruits that he had brought two teams to Omaha and would do it again with UT. If he can't get to a regional in four years, that becomes a much less persuasive pitch.

This team needs to turn it around real soon.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 people
when we become a "baseball school" ill jump of a bridge. if we are good, congrats. if we stink, who cares.

football, football and more football.

what are we Kentucky when basketball rolls around, USC when baseball rolls around?

wake me up when football season gets here

Reactions: 1 person
when we become a "baseball school" ill jump of a bridge. if we are good, congrats. if we stink, who cares.

what are we Kentucky when basketball rolls around, USC when baseball rolls around?

If that's the attitude then let's just get rid of ALL sports except football, including Lady Vols as well. Obviously with Title IX that's not possible but my point being there is NO reason for fans not to expect more success than we are having on the baseball diamond. Is Mizzou a " baseball" school, much less a " football" school? Last time I looked they were 5-0 and tops in the SEC East in baseball after being picked to finish near the bottom. Like many other fans I thought we hit gold when we hired Serrano but after seeing a team make 6 errors yesterday I'm beginning to think we hired the coach of the Bad News Bears. Embarrassing to say the least!

That excuse was valid in 2012 when Serrano played Raleigh's guys.

It was semi-valid in 2013 when he brought in 22 new players and we had the youngest team this side of Williamsport.

It was getting old by 2014 when another 15 Serrano recruits arrived.

And it's a stinking corpse of an excuse this year when we have another 13 Serrano recruits on the team.

Serrano has brought in 50 of his guys (not counting players who practiced in the fall but didn't make a spring roster), and there's only one Raleigh recruit still on the squad. This is his team, and it's not a young team any more.

I've said all along that a) he was the best hire we could make at the time, b) he should get the full five years of his contract, and c) I would withhold judgment about his effectiveness until the end of the 2015 season. I still stand behind all three of those positions.

However, time is running out. This is a VERY important year for two reasons:

First, the cream of Serrano's first recruiting class can go pro this summer. Those guys, along with our senior Friday night starter, include nearly all the key contributors on this team. Like it or not, next year is a major rebuilding year, and I don't see a lot of players ready to step up to replace them.

Second, when he first took the job, Serrano could credibly tell recruits that he had brought two teams to Omaha and would do it again with UT. If he can't get to a regional in four years, that becomes a much less persuasive pitch.

This team needs to turn it around real soon.

100% spot on.

The blame Todd game is long gone.

IMO it's simple. CDS is a good coach that won't overcome two major problems.

Vandy owning this state in recruiting(my complaint is well know in this area)

And his west coast style doesn't fit into a hitters ballpark that needs power arms and power bats.

Last edited:
If that's the attitude then let's just get rid of ALL sports except football, including Lady Vols as well. Obviously with Title IX that's not possible but my point being there is NO reason for fans not to expect more success than we are having on the baseball diamond. Is Mizzou a " baseball" school, much less a " football" school? Last time I looked they were 5-0 and tops in the SEC East in baseball after being picked to finish near the bottom. Like many other fans I thought we hit gold when we hired Serrano but after seeing a team make 6 errors yesterday I'm beginning to think we hired the coach of the Bad News Bears. Embarrassing to say the least!

Look at South Carolina. They are a "football" school and have a great baseball program. No reason we can't be both.

I also was excited with the hiring of Serrano, but it's not looking good for him. Especially with the way he hyped the team before the season.

Look at South Carolina. They are a "football" school and have a great baseball program. No reason we can't be both.

I also was excited with the hiring of Serrano, but it's not looking good for him. Especially with the way he hyped the team before the season.

South Carolina is a football school? :huh:

It's called being a sports fan.

wake me up when football season gethere[/QUOT

Why do you think it's ok to suck, football is my favorite sport but I like most sprorts, if we pay the man to build the program, he is failing

Every school in the SEC is a football school first except Kentucky (and Vandy lol).

That's true. Money talks. However, the SEC is arguably even more competitive, top to bottom, in baseball than football.

You seem happy about this

Then stay in the football forum.

This team committed 7 errors yesterday, including one where the third baseman tagged the base and not the runner when it was not a force out. Today, a player was picked off second base because he was not paying attention to the game, his second time for that. Also, when a Ga. player stole second, the 2B and SS did not not get him because they were not sure who was to cover the base. These are fundamental baseball plays, and these mistakes are directly on the coaching staff. Unfortunately, the pitchers may be better than we have ever had, but it isn't much help when the team continually makes fundamental mistakes in the field. The hitting is not very consistent, either. I thought Serrano would bring the team back, but when you can't play fundamental baseball, this is a coaching problem. If there is not major improvement in this area during this season, it will be time to make a change at the end of the year.

Tennessee fired two coaches in two sports who had the highest winning percentage of any coach in the last 60 years and has paid/is paying the heavy, heavy price.

Firing Fulmer is one thing because Tennessee has a long history of success in football. But, Delmonico was the only head coach to ever win squat at Tennessee in baseball.

Tennessee fired two coaches in two sports who had the highest winning percentage of any coach in the last 60 years and has paid/is paying the heavy, heavy price.

Firing Fulmer is one thing because Tennessee has a long history of success in football. But, Delmonico was the only head coach to ever win squat at Tennessee in baseball.

We can thank Mike Hamilton for that. His information says he went to Clemson, but I think he probably really went to Florida, just didn't want it to be known.

We can thank Mike Hamilton for that. His information says he went to Clemson, but I think he probably really went to Florida, just didn't want it to be known.

A terrible move that I wish never did happen but it did.

Vols haven't been to the College World Series since that terrible decision.

As for overreaction right now I look like a fool as Vol's have been stinking it up again for another weekend with a 1-5 SEC Record as I was saying such a overreaction after the Florida series.

Would I be shocked if the Vols got it turned around, and make the SEC Tournament?
Not really as I recall from the Packers Patriots look unimpressive early as it's very common to draw premature conclusions from a small sample size.

Team Sports is like gambling with it's unpredictability. A team can get really hot with just everything going right, and it can get cold as ice with a team unable to succeed with just about all bad things happening to prevent a win from happening.

Count me as one that thot Serrano would get it done!
Of course after the previous Coach, I would have been on board with anyone!!
As it has turned out, it is too bad that UT didn't give Simcox a look see after giving 18 years to the program. Don't see how we would be any worse for the wear!@!@

VN Store

Back