Does out baseball team do weights?

Folks

Simcox is a junior and has like 3 extra base hits in his entire career. How is this even possible?

I'd guess he's not a power hitter. but we haven't had a real good team in years, and doesn't seem any better this year

Huge muscles can be bad for a baseball player sometimes. I coached a former UT football player in summer league baseball. He was muscle-bound, played 3rd base. He was an above average infielder and a good hitter but could not throw a baseball with any zip on it at all. I believe the huge muscles kept him from being a really really good baseball player.

Reactions: 1 person
I just think a guy in year 3 of college baseball would have more than 3 extra base hits with the amount of at bats he's had.

Yes, the players lift. They condition in the mornings before class.

The baseball team has a well respected conditioning coach who knows how to develop baseball-specific strength.

Yes, the players lift. They condition in the mornings before class.

The baseball team has a well respected conditioning coach who knows how to develop baseball-specific strength.

I can feel it in my...whatever...it ain't the conditioning coach. :dunno:
But, I'm in it for the long haul.

GO VOLS EVERYWHERE!

It's CDS style of ball. Small ball, speed, advancing runners....dink and dunk 'em to a win. I've no problem with that, but you must have pitching and defense. Right now pitching is okay...spotty, but the defense is awful. Not sure what the problem is, but the season is quickly getting away from us. Someone posted the season was over. I didn't feel that way, but I'm coming to think it's teetering on the edge. Really didn't think we'd be sitting at home this year...again. I'm sitting her wondering just WTH has happened. Just knew...KNEW...that CDS was a sure thing hire. Damn this stinks.

This team is not a power hitting team it seems.

The only thing this team does well is make errors. Six errors and that doesn't include the 3rd baseman stepping on the base thinking he has a force out that allows runners to advance? Wow, I've seen better baseball in Coach pitch league.

So having 3 extra base hits your entire career despite starting every game is a good thing? You don't have to hit homeruns. Doubles and gaps don't necessarily require a 400 lbs bench press you simpleton.

VN Store

Back