UC Irvine Edges Vols In 9th, 2-1

VN News

The Tennessee Volunteers battled UC Irvine into the ninth inning of Game Two in Friday's doubleheader contest, but the Anteaters came out on top for a 2-1 win at Anteaters Ballpark.

More...

Discuss.

was hoping for more this season..so far been pretty bad...gave up another game in the 9th...all indicators pointing to this being another season without a regional appearance

I wouldn't get too down on them for this. Not yet. Irvine, Fullerton, Long Beach.....not to mention UCLA are very tough in that area. So most likely Tennessee faced a pretty good team.

I wouldn't get too down on them for this. Not yet. Irvine, Fullerton, Long Beach.....not to mention UCLA are very tough in that area. So most likely Tennessee faced a pretty good team.

I think UC-Irvine was 1-6 going into the series.

They've played 7 games the entire month of February and those have been scattered. They've yet to play a game at Lindsay Nelson, and with the weather on field practices have been few and far in between. No need to panic yet let's see if they settle down and get in a groove and if we still are looking at the same situation at the end of next month then maybe it will be time to start discussing the future of the program.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back