Andy Cox
Hunter Martin
Kyle Serrano

That's my guess

Marks
Martin
Owenby
Serrano

Cox could be but it sounds like they might want to use him as the closer. In addition, I think they are going to try to save his arm so he may end up starting but I think they'd like to work him in slowly. Really going to be interesting to see if Owenby and Serrano have gotten their control issues...well...under control.

Marks
Martin
Owenby
Serrano

Cox could be but it sounds like they might want to use him as the closer. In addition, I think they are going to try to save his arm so he may end up starting but I think they'd like to work him in slowly. Really going to be interesting to see if Owenby and Serrano have gotten their control issues...well...under control.

Owenby is going to start?

Based on CDS' comments it sounds like he's in the mix...I was surprised too, not just on Owenby but regarding Cox as well.

Cox staying in his current role is the best thing for our team. I think Stephen Kane or one of the freshmen will step up in a big way.

Cox staying in his current role is the best thing for our team. I think Stephen Kane or one of the freshmen will step up in a big way.

We're more equipped to be able to use lefty/righty match ups than we have been the last few years, so I'm excited on that front...Man, we're just a week out now, I'm so excited!

Gonna try to get over for a practice this weekend.

GBO!!!

Look at this weekend's practice schedule. On Friday, Marks is throwing 5 innings, Ownby is throwing 5 innings on Sat and Serrano is throwing 5 innings on Sunday. Everyone else is throwing 1 or 2 innings. I'd say that's your starting rotation going into the opening weekend.

Marks
Martin
Owenby
Serrano

I noticed on scrimmage schedule that Cox was primarily working 1 innings and nearly every scrimmage.

They are obviously prepping him as closer and/or setup

We're more equipped to be able to use lefty/righty match ups than we have been the last few years, so I'm excited on that front...Man, we're just a week out now, I'm so excited!

Gonna try to get over for a practice this weekend.

GBO!!!

Do it. I look forward to your report. :)

Did anyone attend the scrimmage games over the weekend, that could give us some info of how it went?
It's almost baseball time in Tennessee!!!!!!!!!!!
GO VOLS :thumbsup:

Did anyone attend the scrimmage games over the weekend, that could give us some info of how it went?

Friday-Marks
Saturday-Owenby
Sunday-Serrano

Mid-week- Hunter Martin or Steven Kane

I got this from the "Media Monday" on UTsports.Com.

I did not get to go, I did catch the Monday presser with CDS, AJ and Cox.

The big news, Tyler Schultz is out for the season due to back surgery he had a month ago. That means we're going to see Santiago and Cammarata sooner rather than later, backing up Houser.

For those that might have missed it...

Dave Serrano: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEIOJVbonXM

Andy Cox and AJ Simcox: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_FRxFbTRbY

Thanks Vol66! Tyler Schultz out for the season is not good, wish him a speedy recovery. I recall CDS said previously Houser and Santiago would platoon behind the plate. A few more days and it will be the start of this new 2015 baseball teams season..........CDS and Volnation has high hope for this group.

:eek:k:

Still looks like the Vols will be playing from behind most weekends again this year. With Cox relegated to the pen with arm issues, there is no true "Friday Night Guy" in this rotation.

Still looks like the Vols will be playing from behind most weekends again this year. With Cox relegated to the pen with arm issues, there is no true "Friday Night Guy" in this rotation.

My hope is that he's being under estimated.

You assume the guys last season will not be improved this season.

Young talented guys with excellent coaching always get better. By midway of season, we may have three "Friday Starters"

No one saw Cox having the season he had in 2014.

Bret Marks is already Friday starter material...

Cox does not have a set position. He's in the Cox position of the pitching staff.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back