Must be a holdup

fryeguy93

Rufus X. Sarsaparilli
Last season's schedule was released on 8/30/2013

Of course looking back the prior season was released 9/17/2012.

Really anxious to get a look at it finally. Should be anytime.

As always, I hope our trip to Lexington is during the Keeneland Spring Meet in April.

Last edited:
Weekend Schedule - A Work in Progress

2/13-2/15 at Florida International
2/20-2/22 Rutgers
2/27-3/1 at Cal-Irvine
3/6-3/8 ? <Non-conference>

3/13-3/15 at Florida
3/20-3/22 Georgia
3/27-3/29 Miss St or @VU
4/3-4/5 at Ole Miss
4/10-4/12 Mizzou or Miss St
4/17-4/19 @ Kentucky
4/24-4/26 South Carolina
5/1-5/3 Texas A&M
5/8-5/10 at Arkansas
5/14-5/16 MO or MS

These are the 5-teams that will fit into the schedule somewhere (?)

South Carolina
Missouri
Miss. State
at Vanderbilt
at Kentucky

So. Carolina or Missouri will be the final weekend. I bet it's South Carolina as it will be a home series.

The Ole Miss schedule was released 10/1 and it means there will be back/back home and back/back road series.

At least the Vols should be a little warmer in in February and March. That's a lot of early season weekend series though. Especially when compared with teams like South Carolina who are too good to travel until they have to.

Gators seem to suffer perennially from slow starts so its good we play early.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Yep, I've been checking to see the schedule every week, really looking forward to that UCI match up, it will tell us a lot about this team.

I see as of 8/26/2014. CDS was looking for a midweek opponent on 4/21/15 on an open dates website. Was willing to look at other dates. So maybe he just needs the one more game.?

Why is there one or two mouth-breathing, inbred, slack-jawed, middle school dropout on every thread, surprised to see a post about baseball on a baseball forum?

These birth defects poster children embarass me that I support the same school.

It does help me to consider that these people couldn't spell university, Tennessee, or school and could not disparage my UTK diploma by attending my alma mater.

Reactions: 4 people
I heard Dave say on the radio that we open at FIU (Florida International) then come home to play Rutgers.

Excited to see the schedule come out...hopefully soon!!

Reactions: 1 person
Why is there one or two mouth-breathing, inbred, slack-jawed, middle school dropout on every thread, surprised to see a post about baseball on a baseball forum?

It does help me to consider that these people couldn't spell university, Tennessee, or school and could not disparage my UTK diploma by attending my alma mater.

I think the mobile app on some phones can display the latest "post" to all threads, so instead of looking from which forum the "latest post" comes from, yahoo's from the football thread automatically assumes it related to football.

So much for our intelligent fan base..........

Ole Miss released schedule today an dates have been added above.
Arkansas released a few days ago.

My guess for remaining conference schedule dates

3/27-3/29 Miss St
4/10-4/12 Mizzou
4/17-4/19 @UK (Keeneland meet!)
4/24-4/26 @VU
5/14-5/16 SC

Don't know who the last preconference weekend opponent will be. My guess would be home series against a southern mid-major. Perhaps a Louisiana, or Arkansas school

Last edited:
In looking at the SEC schedules that have been released. I think I've got the schedule figured out.

Surprisingly, there is a lot of cross division games on that final weekend.

2/13-2/15 at Florida International
2/20-2/22 Rutgers
2/27-3/1 at Cal-Irvine
3/6-3/8 ????????

3/13-3/15 at Florida *
3/20-3/22 Georgia*
3/27-3/29 at Vanderbilt
4/3-4/5 at Ole Miss*
4/10-4/12 Missouri
4/17-4/19 at Kentucky
4/24-4/26 South Carolina
5/1-5/3 Texas A&M*
5/8-5/10 at Arkansas*
5/14-5/16 Miss. State

*Confirmed date on opponent's schedule

If my schedule is correct. 3 or first 4 series on road will be tough. 3 of last 4 at home helps but those are against some potentially great teams- especially if it's Mississippi State.

Last edited:

They're the same ones who defend everything our football coaches do until a certain point then demand they are fired. And also they slam all who dare question anything and/or even consider we may not win, but then turn around and again, call for our coach's head.

They're also the ones who hope a certain team to the south coached by a certain ex-coach of ours destroys us in basketball just because they're still butthurt he's not coaching here; that or still can't figure out why he's not.

In other words, they are grade A morons.

Wow, that's a tough road schedule to start out with.

That's why I hoped I was wrong.

However, the Florida, Georgia and Ole Miss schedules are already released so those are definite. The Vanderbilt schedule is not released but looking at the other schedules, that appears to be the only place Vandy and Tennessee would play.

But let's face it. That schedule is tough top to bottom. The only break we really get is missing LSU entirely. The only easy series would be considered Missouri.

It's a tough conference.

The following schools have not released full schedules:

Alabama
Auburn
Kentucky
Mississippi State
Missouri
South Carolina
Tennessee
Vanderbilt

But you build a comprehensive scheduling grid based on the 6-teams that have.

The only teams that are not fitting well is Miss. State and Ole Miss. - this makes me think/hope I've made a mistake in the schedule as I have them closing the season w/ 2 series on the road- including the finale against Tennessee. I have Ole Miss playing final 2 at home.

However, that first 4 weeks of our schedule is largely correct with only the Vandy series possibly being wrong.

One more team releasing a schedule would likely solidify my math. - Especially if it's Tennessee of course.

Mark my words, if I'm wrong- it will be because of the Mississippi schools.

Last edited:
That's why I hoped I was wrong.

However, the Florida, Georgia and Ole Miss schedules are already released so those are definite. The Vanderbilt schedule is not released but looking at the other schedules, that appears to be the only place Vandy and Tennessee would play.

But let's face it. That schedule is tough top to bottom. The only break we really get is missing LSU entirely. The only easy series would be considered Missouri.

It's a tough conference.

The following schools have not released full schedules:

Alabama
Auburn
Kentucky
Mississippi State
Missouri
South Carolina
Tennessee
Vanderbilt

But you build a comprehensive scheduling grid based on the 6-teams that have.

The only teams that are not fitting well is Miss. State and Ole Miss. - this makes me think/hope I've made a mistake in the schedule as I have them closing the season w/ 2 series on the road- including the finale against Tennessee. I have Ole Miss playing final 2 at home.

However, that first 4 weeks of our schedule is largely correct with only the Vandy series possibly being wrong.

One more team releasing a schedule would likely solidify my math. - Especially if it's Tennessee of course.

Mark my words, if I'm wrong- it will be because of the Mississippi schools.

I agree. If it works out as you suggest it will be the first time in more than a decade we don't have at least one of the bama schools on the schedule.

As a useless mental exercise, I ran the schedule again and got the same results for not only our schedule but the entire conference.

It all fits BUT Ole Miss closes with 2 home games and Miss State closes with 2 road games.

I can't imagine the SEC intentionally doing this EXCEPT those spring football Saturday games are a huge deal in Starkville and the SEC may have let them have it but made them bite the bullet at the end of the season to get it.

It kind of works for our benefit as we close out the season against MSU..

So in the first 4 series, the Vols will go on road to play 3 teams that were NCAA hosts last season and will play only at home for Georgia. Hopefully we can hang on that first month and not get swept by anyone. We would then need to take series against UGA that is overdue for a good season.

We could be a much better team this season and be 5-7 or worse. Brutal stuff) I don't see Florida or Ole Miss being worse than last season and Vanderbilt will be good with younger guys filling in.

Vandy has released schedule and fits perfectly into my grid. Half the conference has now released schedule.

Vandy's pre-conference schedule is a little easier this season until the last pre conference weekend with a tourney at Dodger Stadium against USC, UCLA and TCU.

The play Auburn, Ole Miss, Arkansas, Alabama from west- thus avoiding LSU and Miss. State.

You nailed it Frye! I like having 9 of the last 12 SEC games at home. I'd rather have UF at the top of the schedule than at the end so that's good too. The back to back away games with Vandy and Ole Miss will be a tough stretch. I like the pre-SEC slate and I'm really looking forward to the series with UC Irvine, we'll know where we stand after that one. All in all, that's about as good a schedule as we could reasonably hope for IMO.

VN Store

Back