Serrano not interested in ASU

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
I hadn't heard the rumors, but...

Despite persistent rumors, Tennessee baseball coach Dave Serrano said he is not a candidate for the vacant Arizona State head coaching job.
``I am not interested in Arizona State,’’ Serrano told the Sports Animal on Wednesday afternoon. ``I have not talked to Arizona State. I have unfinished business at Tennessee and this is here I want to be. This is where I hope to finish my career. Knoxville is my home.’’

Serrano said he talked to two other reporters – one from Baseball America – to dispel speculation he was an candidate atASU.
``I don’t know where all that’s coming from,’’ Serrano said. ``None of it is true.
I’ve not had one conversation with Arizona State and I don’t expect to.’’
---Hyams

I would like to take this opportunity to join Dave and announce that I am no longer a candidate for the ASU job either. I am officially removing my name from consideration.

And like Dave, I have not been contacted nor have I had one conversation with anyone from Arizona State.

Reactions: 3 people
92, I know what you are saying but you can believe me when I say that I will not be the next baseball coach at ASU.

Reactions: 2 people
A closer look at possible ASU baseball coaching candidates

Dave Serrano, Tennessee

Serrano is one of only 11 coaches to take two schools (UC-Irvine in 2007, Cal State-Fullerton in 2009) to the College World Series. He has 366 career wins in 10 years as a Division I head coach but is 77-84 in three seasons at Tennessee. Serrano was CS-Fullerton assistant coach from 1997-2004, then returned as head coach in 2008 after three seasons at UC-Irvine. He was the USA Baseball Collegiate national team head coach in 2012.

Pros: His greatest success came on the West Coast.

Cons: Reportedly making $450,000, more than double what ASU was paying Tim Esmay.

ASU Baseball: Potential replacements for head coach Tim Esmay - House of Sparky

Tim Esmay Resigns At Arizona State - BaseballAmerica.com

"He has 366 career wins in 10 years as a Division I head coach but is 77-84 in three seasons at Tennessee." - Jeff Metcalfe

Metcalfe must not be too familiar with the Turd Raleigh years or understand how far back that whole experiment set our program.

Reactions: 1 person
"He has 366 career wins in 10 years as a Division I head coach but is 77-84 in three seasons at Tennessee." - Jeff Metcalfe

Metcalfe must not be too familiar with the Turd Raleigh years or understand how far back that whole experiment set our program.

77-84 is not too bad since our squad in 11-12 is the 2013 version of the stros to the rest of the SEC.

VN Store

Back