SEC In Regionals

VFLinFL

Tennessee In The 850
Below is a link to how the SEC faired on day one of the Regionals. 5-4 is a winning record but not impressive in my opinion? I hate watching any of the games knowing our Diamond Vols didn't make it. What are your opinions VolNation?
Scoreboard - DI Baseball | NCAA.com

I watched games from 11 am until midnight yesterday. Unless I know a kid on one of the teams.... I am pulling for the underdog. Go Georgia Southern, Charleston, Kennesaw, Jackson State, and Sam Houston! I really don't care (give a you know what) how our conference rivals do, but I generally hope they beat up on the other big 5 conference teams when they match up against them.

Reactions: 1 person
I watched games from 11 am until midnight yesterday. Unless I know a kid on one of the teams.... I am pulling for the underdog. Go Georgia Southern, Charleston, Kennesaw, Jackson State, and Sam Houston! I really don't care (give a you know what) how our conference rivals do, but I generally hope they beat up on the other big 5 conference teams when they match up against them.

I agree with u 100%. I was glad College of Charleston won Kennesaw State & Kansas.

Nothing to do with the SEC, but nice to see #4 Siena knock out #2 DB after starting the season 0-17 (If I heard correctly).

FSU and Clempson are outta here. #2 national seed Gators looking like they can focus on hosting the regional and have not worry about playing any more games this season - down 3 runs & down to their last 3 outs going into UNC's bottom of the 8th.

Serrano... Dave & Kyle...are in Nashville watching vandie & Oregon regional. ESPNU giving them lots of face time & commentary. :whistling:

Reactions: 3 people
And Vandy beats Oregon 7-2, moving to the winners bracket, and one win shy of going to a super regional.

Below is a link to how the SEC faired on day two of the Regionals. 7-3 is what most would expect from the SEC. Surprised Florida is the first team to have there season end.
Scoreboard - DI Baseball | NCAA.com

They got stuck with a rough region while lesser schools like Miami and Indiana were given cakewalks.

That being said, the Gator's record and RPI did not match their experience and numbers.

South Carolina is in real trouble as they will have to win 3 games over two days including 2 against a rested Terrapin team.

I think Mississippi State is the real surprise so far.

They got stuck with a rough region while lesser schools like Miami and Indiana were given cakewalks.

That being said, the Gator's record and RPI did not match their experience and numbers.

South Carolina is in real trouble as they will have to win 3 games over two days including 2 against a rested Terrapin team.

Florida was flat out screwed by the committee.

Having said that, you need to go out, play and win. They didn't do that. If you can't be College of Charleston and North Carolina at home, then you belong watching the rest of the tournament.

But, they did not receive the draw that they earned. That's for sure.

Having said that, you need to go out, play and win. They didn't do that. If you can't be College of Charleston and North Carolina at home, then you belong watching the rest of the tournament.

Probably the most honest statement I've ever read on a forum........:salute:

My wife talked to CDS today (Sunday) at the regional at Vanderbilt.He signed her UT:clapping: cap & thanked her for being in HOOVER! She was thrilled.

MSU hasn't done anything so far. They beat the 3 and 4 seed in their region. ULL didn't show up the first game and State got to bypass them. That changes this evening, they'll finally be tested.

Update:
ULL has shown up tonight. This team is for real and can compete with anyone in the country. They're used to murdering teams and slept walk through game 1. I'm glad they earned a national seed and won't have to face LSU until Omaha but damn that would've been one hell of series on the Bayou. True ULL fans absolutely hate LSU and would've relished in hosting LSU at their place for Supers.

Last edited:

99 you're one of the best posters on here but your draw at this stage is not what cost y'all. CofC may have been underseeded at the 4 given their record and past success and granted UNC is likely one of the better 3's but they got in by the skin of their teeth. UF's offensive woes have been a concern all year. It was apparent when I was in Hoover that if LSU put up 1, they had the game won. They've been wildly inconsistent and their record is proof of that. They've consistently not shown up against lesser opponents.

99 you're one of the best posters on here but your draw at this stage is not what cost y'all. CofC may have been underseeded at the 4 given their record and past success and granted UNC is likely one of the better 3's but they got in by the skin of their teeth. UF's offensive woes have been a concern all year. It was apparent when I was in Hoover that if LSU put up 1, they had the game won. They've been wildly inconsistent and their record is proof of that. They've consistently not shown up against lesser opponents.

disagree completely. i think they've been very consistent.

i think the problem is that they are a classic example of a team that overachieved. they were not as good as their record and everyone knew it. if you ask anyone who the best team in the sec is, you are going to name about 3 or 4 other schools before you get to florida.

yet, florida won the league. and even in the post-season that you referenced, florida got to the sec tournament final.

they have a lot of good pitchers, only one dominant one....who didn't look like himself the last 3 starts.

they have an average lineup with no one that scares you.

etc, etc, etc.

it's been the case all year long. it hasn't been inconsistent at all.

To add to my previous post, I think it should be noted that no sec team, as of yet has advanced.

They have all been eliminated or face elimination except I believe ole miss and vandy

disagree completely. i think they've been very consistent.

i think the problem is that they are a classic example of a team that overachieved. they were not as good as their record and everyone knew it. if you ask anyone who the best team in the sec is, you are going to name about 3 or 4 other schools before you get to florida.

yet, florida won the league. and even in the post-season that you referenced, florida got to the sec tournament final.

they have a lot of good pitchers, only one dominant one....who didn't look like himself the last 3 starts.

they have an average lineup with no one that scares you.

etc, etc, etc.

it's been the case all year long. it hasn't been inconsistent at all.

Sweeping/winning series against the likes of LSU, FSU, USC, Bama while losing to TAMU, UK, Illinois and numerous midweek games is inconsistent to me. Or playing down to the competiton, whatever one wants to call it.

And you made it to the SEC finals because of the stupid rule change they made once they expanded the tourney to where the Semifinals are a winner take all scenario. There's still a benefit to being in the winners bracket as it saves you a day of playing but it's not fair that UK had to beat y'all twice to make it to the finals and y'all had to win once. There's absoulutely no reason the structure shouldn't be double elimination the whole way through until the championship game. Not to say y'all don't beat UK twice but their offense was rolling at that time.

Sweeping/winning series against the likes of LSU, FSU, USC, Bama while losing to TAMU, UK, Illinois and numerous midweek games is inconsistent to me. Or playing down to the competiton, whatever one wants to call it.

And you made it to the SEC finals because of the stupid rule change they made once they expanded the tourney to where the Semifinals are a winner take all scenario. There's still a benefit to being in the winners bracket as it saves you a day of playing but it's not fair that UK had to beat y'all twice to make it to the finals and y'all had to win once. There's absoulutely no reason the structure shouldn't be double elimination the whole way through until the championship game. Not to say y'all don't beat UK twice but their offense was rolling at that time.

You speak as if Kentucky, Illinois and A&M are bad teams.

What, were they supposed to win every SEC series?

Those mid week games are against decent competition when you are in the state of Florida. They don't throw their best pitchers in the middle of the week.

I don't think you win the conference and are an inconsistent team. Don't buy that one. Sorry.

Florida A&M, Florida Gulf Coast, Florida Atlantic & Jacksonville is not decent competition. There records show it & a couple of those schools have had decent seasons in the past.

Last edited:
You speak as if Kentucky, Illinois and A&M are bad teams.

What, were they supposed to win every SEC series?

Those mid week games are against decent competition when you are in the state of Florida. They don't throw their best pitchers in the middle of the week.

I don't think you win the conference and are an inconsistent team. Don't buy that one. Sorry.

That's fine if you don't buy it. If a team is capable of winning series against the other top 3-5 teams in the league plus overrated FSU teams then yes, I expect them not to lose series against the #9-10 teams in the same league plus ****ty B1G teams. But as you said, many wouldn't have pegged UF as the best team in the league to begin with, myself included.

I belive that LSU is the most talented team in the SEC and the one that has always had the best chance to make a deep CWS run. Inconsistent or not, bad draw overall or not, UF had no business going 0-2 in Gainesville.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back