2015 Opponents?

StarRaider

Register & Vote for me
Does anyone know the OOC and SEC west teams that will appear on the 2015 season schedule? TIA

I know we have USCe, Ga, Mizzou, in Knoxville, UF, vandy, kentucky, away...

Normally, the schedule doesn't come out til August. Since baseball isn't as high profile as football and basketball we won't know until the schedule comes out.

Not asking for the schedule, but which teams do the BaseVols play. That would be why the thread is titled OPPONENTS. The paper here in the boro had an article with MTSU's opponents for next year so I would think the BaseVols would know who they are playing.

But thanks for contributing absolutely nothing to the thread.

Not asking for the schedule, but which teams do the BaseVols play. That would be why the thread is titled OPPONENTS. The paper here in the boro had an article with MTSU's opponents for next year so I would think the BaseVols would know who they are playing.

To the best of my knowledge neither the SEC or UT has put out anything regarding the schedules for 2015.

I reckon that the series' with UNLV and ASU are done.

Last year we got the full schedule on Aug. 30th, I know that's not what you are asking, but...

Doesn't knowing who the opponents are not constitute the essence of a schedule? If the "schedule" hasn't been released then how would anyone know the opponents already?

Doesn't knowing who the opponents are not constitute the essence of a schedule? If the "schedule" hasn't been released then how would anyone know the opponents already?

He's simply asking if there's a rotation of opponents. He's not asking for dates. That's the difference and is a legitimate question.

If there's a rotation, it's not been publicized like the football rotation was this last few weeks.

I suspect there is a rotation but without a fervent press that cares about college baseball we don't know it.

Reactions: 1 person
For example, the DNJ ran an article today "What MTSU has to do to make a regional"... bottom line they need to improve their RPI. They play Iowa, Purdue, and Jacksonville State next season (no dates given and doesn't matter at this point). I have no idea if those team help MTSU's SOS and I really don't care if MTSU makes the tournament.

I thought the posters here may know some of next years opponents.... '66 says UNLV and ASU are done, I'm interested in which teams might replace them. CDS has west coast connections so maybe one of the left coast powers? Forgive a BB reference but CBP's staff were the masters of scheduling to give their teams a chance to build their RPI, the BaseVols had a chance to do that this year but lost some critical mid week games that cost them a chance to make the tourney, plus going 2-4 vs. the uga leghumppers and aubie... IMHO.

Maybe the cross divisional games will be announced this week during the spring meetings (like the BB home and home games).

edit: maybe I will call Wilkerson on his radio show and ask him... if he does not know maybe no one does.

Last edited:
For example, the DNJ ran an article today "What MTSU has to do to make a regional"... bottom line they need to improve their RPI. They play Iowa, Purdue, and Jacksonville State next season (no dates given and doesn't matter at this point). I have no idea if those team help MTSU's SOS and I really don't care if MTSU makes the tournament.

I thought the posters here may know some of next years opponents.... '66 says UNLV and ASU are done, I'm interested in which teams might replace them. CDS has west coast connections so maybe one of the left coast powers? Forgive a BB reference but CBP's staff were the masters of scheduling to give their teams a chance to build their RPI, the BaseVols had a chance to do that this year but lost some critical mid week games that cost them a chance to make the tourney, plus going 2-4 vs. the uga leghumppers and aubie... IMHO.

Maybe the cross divisional games will be announced this week during the spring meetings (like the BB home and home games).

edit: maybe I will call Wilkerson on his radio show and ask him... if he does not know maybe no one does.

I thought I read something a while back about the SEC rotation in baseball, but I can't find it. I looked at UTsports and at SECdigitalnetwork, no luck...

As for UNLV and ASU, I say that it's done because I figure it was a home and home series and that has played itself out. Those two series this year would have really helped if we'd taken care of business in the SEC just a game or two better...

I doubt will see Quinnipiac again, as good of a story as it was...

I'm with you though, I'd take any morsel of info but as Frye stated, they don't think there is enough of us that care to be in any rush to give us info...it's frustrating as hell.

To be clear on my last comment, I'm not just talking about scheduling.

Thanks '66 it is frustrating and I think CDS's staff has done a great job of scheduling... I was on Cloud #9 when they went out to Tempe and took 2 outa 3 back in March (I think it was March).

Stinks but with an "s" then "u then "c" and a "ks" that I can find out more about a sunbelt team than the BaseVols.

edit I mean a CUSA aka new sunbelt team! When memphis state bails on your conference, well.....

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
I will give you a little morsel of the schedule that i know of. They will be playing a round robin type tournament this first week of the season in California against some powerhouses.

Reactions: 2 people
Not to make the agony of waiting any worse, but 259 days until baseball season.

Could be an interesting Valentine weekend in Southern California.

I could likely sell be wife on somewhere nice in CA like San Diego area but have a feeling it will likly be Fullerton, Irvine or (Yuk) University Park

Why am I the only one to think of this:

Why is Disney/ESPN/SEC Network not holding an opening weekend tournament in Orlanda?

A good number of SEC teams (especially from colder climes) playing some of the better teams who would normally be traveling anyway.

Tennessee
Kentucky
Arkansas
Vanderbilt
Missouri
Alabama

Could play four games at the Disneyworld complex against Notre Dame, Indiana, Illinois, Virginia, Nebraska, etc.

All teams would get a game or two on SEC Network, warmer weather, Disney for family, Valentines weekend. You caould have several games going on at once even.

Several teams could come down several days early for practice at the pro level complex.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back