Official 2014 Summer Baseball Thread

vol66

GBO!!!
Staff member
Almost all of UT's players are on a roster at this point. There are four or five guys I'm still not sure about.

Rosters for some teams are fluid and some players may start at one place and end up in another before the summer is over, like Will Maddox last year. The majority, however, can be tracked fairly easily...and this should be a pretty exciting summer season with (at this point) 11 players in two leagues...two very good leagues.

For most teams the season will start as early as next week, the CCL is already playing some games...Obviously some players participating in the CWS will be late arriving to assignments, which is actually good for some of our players.

I don't feel like typing it all out or stealing any thunder from UT, hopefully UT will get it out by the end of the week.

I am excited!

GBO!!!

Steal their thunder when you get the chance! Watch for their improvements in pitch location and making contact.

Reactions: 1 person
When I was trying to find a couple guys I stumbled upon this tweet...

Nathaniel Maggio ‏@NathanielMaggio · 22h
Surgery tomorrow. Probably wasn't a good idea to watch what they are gonna do to me on YouTube.

Don't know what kind of surgery...

When I started the thread today I didn't know where Houser was going...he is on a roster now and it is GOOD!

Andy Cox was on a roster, now he is not, at least I don't think he is...this could be good or I could just be wrong...

Fluid.

When I started the thread today I didn't know where Houser was going...he is on a roster now and it is GOOD!

Andy Cox was on a roster, now he is not, at least I don't think he is...this could be good or I could just be wrong...

Fluid.

This is one of those things you might as well waive your hands in the air and wait.

This is one of those things you might as well waive your hands in the air and wait.

Your probably right, but that's no fun.:p

I thought I was crazy, but I've confirmed where Cox was supposed to go...he was on the roster...now I'm wondering where he will end up and that could be very good news.

Cox and Martin are not going to summer leagues. Both had a lot of innings and are going to rest this summer.

Martin needs to keep working on his stuff. I hope he gets personal tutoring from Serrano like Godley did.

I am positive that he is going to get in some good work this summer. The rotation should be one of the best in the SEC, if not the nation.

Not much of a shocker. Cox threw a ton of innings. Light work will do him better. Martin is a freshman that started all year. You don't want him to get overworked. I think it is a smart move. Freshman Crowe at South Carolina and Thompson at Auburn are not playing summer ball either. Got to be careful with freshman.

Not much of a shocker. Cox threw a ton of innings. Light work will do him better. Martin is a freshman that started all year. You don't want him to get overworked. I think it is a smart move. Freshman Crowe at South Carolina and Thompson at Auburn are not playing summer ball either. Got to be careful with freshman.

Keegan has a broken bone in his foot...Crowe is still pitching, obviously and may have a ways to go...

I guess I can sort of see it for Cox, but Martin has pitched 4.1 innings more than Kyle Serrano.

On the bright side, 2 less guys to have to follow.:)

Knew that Keegan was hurt, but didn't think Crowe was pitching at all. Thanks for the info. What league is Crowe in?

Knew that Keegan was hurt, but didn't think Crowe was pitching at all. Thanks for the info. What league is Crowe in?

No, I mean Crowe is still pitching for SC, he's at something like 82 innings, if he pitches a couple of more games he could be getting close to 100 IP.

St. Cloud 9, Thunder Bay 7

The Rox jumped out to a 7-0 lead and it seemed on its way to a blowout, but a huge seven-run fifth brought Thunder Bay roaring back. However, the Rox pulled through as Harrison Wenson (Michigan) hit a two-RBI double in the seventh to earn the win. Trevor Charpie (Tennessesse) earned the victory in relief while teammate Kevin Burgee (Georgia State) picked up the save. St. Cloud rightfielder Eric Loxtercamp (St. Cloud St) had an impressive game at the top of the lineup, going 3-for-5 with a two-run shot and a pair of runs.

Charpie's final line: ERA 0.00, 1-0 w/l, 2.1 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 2 SO

Last edited:
Good start for Charpie. I'd love to see him pitch more next year.

I was looking forward to watching him pitch this summer, but the Northwoods league has decided to charge $169.00 to watch a you tube stream...Cox and Hunter Martin are/supposed to be in this league as well...kinda sux.

I was looking forward to watching him pitch this summer, but the Northwoods league has decided to charge $169.00 to watch a you tube stream...Cox and Hunter Martin are/supposed to be in this league as well...kinda sux.

That's insanely stupid. You could buy MLB TV with that much.

That's insanely stupid. You could buy MLB TV with that much.

It really is. The Northwoods League has a great product, they do a post game league wide highlight show, they have a version of "Top 10 Plays"...the video last year was by far and away better than any of the other summer leagues...I was really looking forward to it. If we had just one position player that might play a couple of games a week, I'd consider it, but it does not appear that we do. Nick Senzel was on a Northwoods roster, but he's also on an ABL Roster which seems more likely...but that's a lot of money to watch a pitcher or two once a week.

It really is. The Northwoods League has a great product, they do a post game league wide highlight show, they have a version of "Top 10 Plays"...the video last year was by far and away better than any of the other summer leagues...I was really looking forward to it. If we had just one position player that might play a couple of games a week, I'd consider it, but it does not appear that we do. Nick Senzel was on a Northwoods roster, but he's also on an ABL Roster which seems more likely...but that's a lot of money to watch a pitcher or two once a week.

Totally not worth it. I bet we can find highlights later on.

VN Store

Back