So we didn't make it

NO SIR EEE

The Sultan Of Swat
They just released the bracket, Dallas Baptist got in above us on the bubble. I will complain a little as of course Dallas Baptist's schedule isn't really nothing compared to what Tennessee went through. Nonetheless, good luck in the off season and here's to next year. Go Big Orange

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
Over all, I think the committee did a good job. I hate that the ACC got that 7th bid, but if the SEC is going to get 10, it's no surprise that the ACC goes from 6 to 7...That said, there's a bit of precedent being set...10 teams from the SEC and 14 SEC wins is now the bench mark for next season.

If you look at his many close losses. Blown leads. Bad luck plays. Tennessee was oh so close. Next year could be a big year. Or it could go south. But I think the future is bright.

Reactions: 1 person
From the espn article:
Big West commissioner Dennis Farrell, the committee chairman, said the last four teams selected, in no particular order, were Clemson, North Carolina, Texas A&M and UC Irvine. The first four left out, he said, were Mercer, Central Florida, USC and West Virginia.

We win 1/2 those 1 run losses next year and we will make it. This team will continue to progress and I am happy to see it.

14 SEC wins has been a benchmark for a while. I remember one of the baseball gurus saying like 95% of teams that get to 14 wins from the SEC make the NCAA.

This is bs! I don't care about the arguments for TN not to be in, they should've made it. I think we could've made some noise in the tourney.

Also a special Thanks to 66 for all the updates and game post. I really do appreciate it.

14 SEC wins has been a benchmark for a while. I remember one of the baseball gurus saying like 95% of teams that get to 14 wins from the SEC make the NCAA.

I was getting more at the point that TAMU was one of the last in this year, so the 10th team in the SEC MUST win at least 14 and even that is not going to be a given anymore.

Even though UT did not make the NCAA Tournament, the program can build on a visit to Hoover and get better in 2015!

Even though UT did not make the NCAA Tournament, the program can build on a visit to Hoover and get better in 2015!

Also remember that Serrano fielded a young team this year, and they opened very strong. A lot of youthful mistakes led to the losses. That gets corrected, and the baseVols have a chance to be very good next season.

Vols made inroads in Hoover this year. I was proud to BE THERE in support! Fully confident that CDS will have this team back in the SEC title hunt & in the NCAAs next year. Go Vols!

This team is vastly improved over the last several years, but let's not sugarcoat the fact that they BLEW their chance to be in the tournament. Too many chokes with leads late in games.

Compared to last year, this team was better, but I can't help but to feel like they played below their potential in the SEC schedule.

I kind of understand not getting in...but in looking at hte brackets of some of the automatic qualifiers, it seems the current selection process is in need of repair to put the best tournament in place.

There are 6 automatic bids that are at or below .500 for hte seaon. None actually won their conference title except for one T-1st. Youngstown State had a losing conference and overall record, finished 6th in the Horizon league.

Just saying

If you look at his many close losses. Blown leads. Bad luck plays. Tennessee was oh so close. Next year could be a big year. Or it could go south. But I think the future is bright.

Yeah this was Detroit lions esque.
I'm optimistic vols win 15-17 possibly 18 conference wins for the next season.
A very bright future for the baseball vols.

VN Store

Back