Good to see so Much Orange in Hoover

hatingbamaisawayoflife

went out yesterday......
got to meet some of the forum members who came down.
Would have liked a different outcome.. and I hate Vandy fans by the way.......acted obnoxious......
was nice to meet you guys and gals and look forward to our baseball team growing.

Reactions: 1 person
mistimely error in second inning, few bad throws and then a very good play/bad baserunning at 3rd in last inning hurt us .....and at first....

went out yesterday......
got to meet some of the forum members who came down.
Would have liked a different outcome.. and I hate Vandy fans by the way.......acted obnoxious......
was nice to meet you guys and gals and look forward to our baseball team growing.

Candy fans only care about beating UT. Go to any of their boards at any time of the year and all they talk about is UT. They're obsessed, yet they are owned by UT in every single sport that anyone gives a damn about.

Maybe they should've tempered their celebration yesterday. They just got their ass run ruled by LSU 11-1. :eek:lol:

Candy fans only care about beating UT. Go to any of their boards at any time of the year and all they talk about is UT. They're obsessed, yet they are owned by UT in every single sport that anyone gives a damn about.

Maybe they should've tempered their celebration yesterday. They just got their ass run ruled by LSU 11-1. :eek:lol:

So beating ut in any sport is their Super Bowl?

Not shocked lsu is topnotch a all to easy win over a vandy team that barely beat the big orange vols.

So beating ut in any sport is their Super Bowl?

Not shocked lsu is topnotch a all to easy win over a vandy team that barely beat the big orange vols.

Pretty much. Watch how they act after a win over the Vols in any sport. You'd think they would've won the national title. Of course, we know the only title they've ever won is in women's bowling.

BINGO! Still here wearing my ORANGE & sat:clapping: with LSU fans as their team clubbed the commode-doors by invoking the mercy rule in 7th inning.

BINGO! Still here wearing my ORANGE & sat:clapping: with LSU fans as their team clubbed the commode-doors by invoking the mercy rule in 7th inning.

When did college baseball get a mercy rule?

Commodores were shown the door! :)
All these underachieving seasons of not making the college World Series my gosh it makes me think of the San Diego chargers a very talented team that finds a way to choke not going to a Super Bowl or miss the playoffs.

Vandy has the same colors as the New Orleans saints but they've remained in the mire bitter disappointment they are damn familiar with.
This includes football not even cutler possibly their Peyton manning could make their football team great. Maybe if they had a Jim Harbaugh that would change.

All these underachieving seasons of not making the college World Series my gosh it makes me think of the San Diego chargers a very talented team that finds a way to choke not going to a Super Bowl or miss the playoffs.

Vandy has the same colors as the New Orleans saints but they've remained in the mire bitter disappointment they are damn familiar with.
This includes football not even cutler possibly their Peyton manning could make their football team great. Maybe if they had a Jim Harbaugh that would change.

Wednesday night Mississippi State beat South Carolina 12-0 & mercy rule kicked in again after 7 innings. These SEC teams hit & feast on pitchers who get the ball up or give up WALKS! Will 10 or 11 SEC teams make the NCAA?

I believe the 10-run rule only rears itself in tournaments. UK beat UF 17-1 earlier this year and all the scoring took place in the first 5 innings, but the game went a full 9. I would guess it was implemented for a tournament setting where pitching depth and rest is so critical that a team doesn't have to use 3-4 guys just to get through the game, let alone try to win it. If your starters been rocked in the first 2-3 innings you know he's coming out, now the bullpen has to be relied on for 6-7 innings rather than 3-4 they're typically used to. USC went through 3-4 pitchers in the 7th inning alone last night! If they hadn't called that game after 7, they're pitching staff would've been shot for the remainder of the week.

I believe the 10-run rule only rears itself in tournaments. UK beat UF 17-1 earlier this year and all the scoring took place in the first 5 innings, but the game went a full 9. I would guess it was implemented for a tournament setting where pitching depth and rest is so critical that a team doesn't have to use 3-4 guys just to get through the game, let alone try to win it. If your starters been rocked in the first 2-3 innings you know he's coming out, now the bullpen has to be relied on for 6-7 innings rather than 3-4 they're typically used to. USC went through 3-4 pitchers in the 7th inning alone last night! If they hadn't called that game after 7, they're pitching staff would've been shot for the remainder of the week.

Correct! Four games each the first three days resulting in final game ending around 11 p.m. Central Time. Teams with 10-run lead after 7 innings declared the winner.:whistling:

Oh that makes sense.

Yes, only for the tourney so they can get the games done in time.

We should've beaten Candy if not for our blunders in the 9th. They're getting their asses kicked again today against Ole Miss.

For all the talent that Corbin has had over there, they routinely choke in the post-season. They've done well in the SEC tourney, but have only been to one CWS. That's pathetic with the talent they've had.

Yes, only for the tourney so they can get the games done in time.

We should've beaten Candy if not for our blunders in the 9th. They're getting their asses kicked again today against Ole Miss.

For all the talent that Corbin has had over there, they routinely choke in the post-season. They've done well in the SEC tourney, but have only been to one CWS. That's pathetic with the talent they've had.

I believe he's only won one SEC tourney though in his 12-13 yrs which is even more pathetic than the 1 CWS. He's not made it out of regionals on multiple occasions.

mistimely error in second inning, few bad throws and then a very good play/bad baserunning at 3rd in last inning hurt us .....and at first....

I was in Hoover for the first two days and have the following comments:

1. UT-VU game was the most well played game by both teams in a game in the first two days.

2. Vandy won because their pitchers were very good. They made the plays when they needed to. Tennessee played well and Serrano pitched very well in a pressure situation.

3. It's ridiculous for anyone to say it was "bad baserunning on 3rd." The guy (a freshman) just ripped a 98 mph fastball into the LF corner for a double and was balked to 3rd. He then took his secondary lead and broke back to the bag on a ball that was hit right at the 3rd base bag on 2 hard hops. The 3rd baseman was in and he caught the ball right on top of Nick and tagged him. That was the only place the ball could have been hit and have that happen. Good play for Vandy, rotten luck for the Vols.

4. LSU looked like the best team in the tournament with Miss State a close 2nd. The Tigers do everything right and they play with great confidence. Bulldogs pitch it better than anyone else and they take advantage of mistakes very well.

5. SEC Baseball is impressive. The speed of the game is very fast. Strong arms on the mound, in the field, and speed at most every position. Very fun to watch.

6. Baseball folks are just normal people. It was good to be at an event where people dressed normal, looked normal, and acted normal (well, with the exception of the Carolina fan who walks around in the striped overalls and batting helmet!)

If you have never been to Hoover for this event, make a point to do so.

Reactions: 3 people

1. UT-VU game was the most well played game by both teams in a game in the first two days.

2. Vandy won because their pitchers were very good. They made the plays when they needed to. Tennessee played well and Serrano pitched very well in a pressure situation.

3. It's ridiculous for anyone to say it was "bad baserunning on 3rd." The guy (a freshman) just ripped a 98 mph fastball into the LF corner for a double and was balked to 3rd. He then took his secondary lead and broke back to the bag on a ball that was hit right at the 3rd base bag on 2 hard hops. The 3rd baseman was in and he caught the ball right on top of Nick and tagged him. That was the only place the ball could have been hit and have that happen. Good play for Vandy, rotten luck for the Vols.

4. LSU looked like the best team in the tournament with Miss State a close 2nd. The Tigers do everything right and they play with great confidence. Bulldogs pitch it better than anyone else and they take advantage of mistakes very well.

5. SEC Baseball is impressive. The speed of the game is very fast. Strong arms on the mound, in the field, and speed at most every position. Very fun to watch.

6. Baseball folks are just normal people. It was good to be at an event where people dressed normal, looked normal, and acted normal (well, with the exception of the Carolina fan who walks around in the striped overalls and batting helmet!)

I love the laid back atmosphere of college baseball, especially at Hoover. The "rivalry" aspect of college sports doesn't rear it's ugly head, virtually at all, in baseball. I believe it's because it's a sport that has a unique following. You don't get the rednecks who are clueless about the game and there just because it's the thing to do. Baseball fans know the game, the players and are fully vested in what's going on. The fact that so many teams are represented as well, the crowds aren't as "partisan" right down the middle as in a football or basketball game.

Reactions: 2 people
I love the laid back atmosphere of college baseball, especially at Hoover. The "rivalry" aspect of college sports doesn't rear it's ugly head, virtually at all, in baseball. I believe it's because it's a sport that has a unique following. You don't get the rednecks who are clueless about the game and there just because it's the thing to do. Baseball fans know the game, the players and are fully vested in what's going on. The fact that so many teams are represented as well, the crowds aren't as "partisan" right down the middle as in a football or basketball game.

Exactly. I can't deal with being in a remote vicinity to football games anymore. Way too much lunacy. Blind passionate negativity towards another team (but in reality, just the other fans) drives me up a wall. Going to Hoover and hanging among the players, who will come and watch games they aren't playing in, is a great experience. The LSU "cheerleader" (Chris) is a fantastic guy. He'll lead cheers for other teams (who usually are a small/subdued fanbase) when LSU isn't playing. Everyone is there to see great baseball and is usually handsomely rewarded.

I can't say enough about that tournament. I feel like it's a place where, if you open your eyes, it can change your whole perspective on college athletics. It's all about the kids, exactly how it should be.

Exactly! Still in HOOVER about to watch KY play MS ST. LSU whipped Arky today with pitching, speed, timely hitting & great base-running. That team is the model of how to play the game. Great fans, too!:birgits_giggle:

Exactly! Still in HOOVER about to watch KY play MS ST. LSU whipped Arky today with pitching, speed, timely hitting & great base-running. That team is the model of how to play the game. Great fans, too!:birgits_giggle:

Wish I was there, sitting here listening to the Long Beach State Dirtbags taking on the UC Irvine Anteaters leaves something to be desired. :crazy:

Completely agree. Couldn't believe Serrano said that was "not an intelligent play" by Senzel!

Vandy third baseman played a step off the line the whole game. And as you point out, he was playing in, too.

That's bad luck, not bad base running.

That whole inning was crazy. Maybe the biggest swing from high to low in the same inning that I've experienced.

Reactions: 4 people

Would have liked to meet you there.....the SC dude you mentioned might be me in a few years.:) I spoke with him as he was bringing in his wife in a waking stroller, a great baseball couple. Odd, yes......but living in the moment. God bless him.....

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people

Completely agree. Couldn't believe Serrano said that was "not an intelligent play" by Senzel!

Vandy third baseman played a step off the line the whole game. And as you point out, he was playing in, too.

That's bad luck, not bad base running.

That whole inning was crazy. Maybe the biggest swing from high to low in the same inning that I've experienced.

I'm going to disagree and agree with Serrano. When the 3rd baseman is right beside you, you hedge more to the bag and not off the bag. A couple feet further off the bag does you no good when there was 0 outs. You are going to score on any deep ball or routine hit. Senzel was too aggressive and came too far off the bag IMO. You play it safe there with 0 outs. There was no reason to come off the bag that far in that situation.

Ah, the great "characters" in the SEC baseball fan base: SC's "Hoot Man", LSU's Chris & "K-Lady", FL's Gordon; these & others make for a terrific experience. Two more games today,:dance2: two Saturday, championship Sunday, then home to Nashville. VOL fans, plan to be in HOOVER next year!

Ah, the great "characters" in the SEC baseball fan base: SC's "Hoot Man", LSU's Chris & "K-Lady", FL's Gordon; these & others make for a terrific experience. Two more games today,:dance2: two Saturday, championship Sunday, then home to Nashville. VOL fans, plan to be in HOOVER next year!

I'm heading back down in the morning for the rest of the weekend. Not sure where my rooting interest is going to lie yet. I've always admired LSU baseball and how big of a deal it is to them down there but they've won 4 of the last 7 so they can afford a break. Then a lot of my clients and friends in Miss are State grads so I wouldn't mind seeing them do well for their sake. Something about Ole Miss is intriguing then I remember how stuck-up their fanbase is and my desire to see them succeed diminishes.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back