The Case FOR Tennessee

vol66

GBO!!!
Staff member
The Case FOR Tennessee is really a case about whether the SEC deserves an 11th team in the NCAA.

THE DISCLAIMER...

This is a homer thread. The purpose is to throw the numbers around and make the best case for the Vols.

Despite the fact that College Baseball Daily has us in, I will use PG's latest projections, which has us out...

Below is a table of teams and their resumes. Below the records, RPI, SOS etc...are all the teams projected in the tourney that these teams played against. As you can see, our Vols played more teams projected to be in the PG 64, than any of the other teams listed.

qn5jxv.jpg

We took the series from ASU 2-1 at their place.

Dallas Baptist has a SOS of 80, their record versus top 25 and top 50 teams...C'mon!

How does Old Dominion have a 30 SOS...they played 9 games against top 50 opponents, we played 29...

UCF, cruddy non-con record, record versus RPI 25 and 50 is poor...

Long Beach State is the only team up there with a losing non-conference record. We played twice the number of RPI 25 teams.

San Diego State...are you kidding me...not one single game against a top 25 team and an SOS of 139...ONE HUNDRED AND THIRTY NINE!

Then there's Clemson...should they lose to Duke tomorrow, I don't see how in the world they should get in over us, despite out poor conference record. We had to play Vandy and they get to play Duke, ugh...

Now whether one thinks I have a leg to stand on or not, even the Non SEC fans out there have to look at who we played...despite the RPI and the SOS...JUST LOOK AT IT...9 teams projected from our schedule...we beat UNLV, ASU, Vandy, UK head to head...

Now I'm not saying UT deserves to be in, I'm saying an SEC team that plays that kind of schedule versus top 25 and 50 RPI teams should carry a little more weight than some team that plays a 21 game conference schedule, or has an RPI in triple digits, or didn't play a single top 25 RPI team.

Should any of these teams falter in their conference tourneys, we should get a second look, yeah, I'm talking to you Clemson.

GBO!!!

edit, I made a mistake by putting Arky in the table above...

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people
There is nothing else to say here. Vol66 has laid it all out on a platter. End comment

There's lies, there's @$%# lies, and then there's -

STATISTICS!

Dare I say, Boom!?

We should be in, the stats bear it out. Probably won't be, but such is life. Then again, the basketVols played their way in and ran to the Sweet 16.

So you're saying.....there's a chance. Yes!

AV

The strength of schedule was high and vols prospered with a winning season.

The vols are a longshot to make it to the regional tournament, but can't deny the future is very bright for the big orange vols.

ODU lost this morning...they will play the loser of the Rice vs FIU game tomorrow, Rice is up in that one, 2-0 top 5.

Reactions: 1 person
UCF beat UConn (RPI 131) and face 14-30 Temple (RPI 235) tomorrow. What a difficult path?

Yes...hoping they would lose a couple...

Gotcha. I wonder what 1-2 would do for them. Also, Indiana State is getting killed by Missouri State. I see where Indiana State is a team Kendall Rogers says bubble teams want to see win.

Gotcha. I wonder what 1-2 would do for them. Also, Indiana State is getting killed by Missouri State. I see where Indiana State is a team Kendall Rogers says bubble teams want to see win.

I don't pretend to know...just grasping at the remaining straws...:p

We should be in, cuz I said so.

200.gif

Good enough for me...and stuff like, Nebraska played 33 games versus opponents with an RPI 100+ and they only played 2 games versus a top 25 RPI opponent, they went 1-1 in 2 games versus Oregon St. The B10 is a complete joke of a baseball conference, 7 out of the 11, are 100+ RPI teams, 3 of those are 200+, one other is sitting at 97...that leaves 3 teams Indiana, Nebraska and Illinois...

LET ME ASK ONE QUESTION? HOW IS IT POSSIBLE THAT INDIANA AND NEBRASKA DON'T PLAY EACH OTHER IN THE REGULAR SEASON?

They don't deserve two bids, ridiculous.

Last edited:
This team has shown it can play with anyone in the country! If they get in don't be surprised if they win the regional they're put in!

Reactions: 2 people
How can we get this info to the people who make these decisions? Do we know where they live? Email?
Go Vols!

The Case FOR Tennessee is really a case about whether the SEC deserves an 11th team in the NCAA.

THE DISCLAIMER...

This is a homer thread. The purpose is to throw the numbers around and make the best case for the Vols.

Despite the fact that College Baseball Daily has us in, I will use PG's latest projections, which has us out...

Below is a table of teams and their resumes. Below the records, RPI, SOS etc...are all the teams projected in the tourney that these teams played against. As you can see, our Vols played more teams projected to be in the PG 64, than any of the other teams listed.

qn5jxv.jpg

We took the series from ASU 2-1 at their place.

Dallas Baptist has a SOS of 80, their record versus top 25 and top 50 teams...C'mon!

How does Old Dominion have a 30 SOS...they played 9 games against top 50 opponents, we played 29...

UCF, cruddy non-con record, record versus RPI 25 and 50 is poor...

Long Beach State is the only team up there with a losing non-conference record. We played twice the number of RPI 25 teams.

San Diego State...are you kidding me...not one single game against a top 25 team and an SOS of 139...ONE HUNDRED AND THIRTY NINE!

Then there's Clemson...should they lose to Duke tomorrow, I don't see how in the world they should get in over us, despite out poor conference record. We had to play Vandy and they get to play Duke, ugh...

Now whether one thinks I have a leg to stand on or not, even the Non SEC fans out there have to look at who we played...despite the RPI and the SOS...JUST LOOK AT IT...9 teams projected from our schedule...we beat UNLV, ASU, Vandy, UK head to head...

Now I'm not saying UT deserves to be in, I'm saying an SEC team that plays that kind of schedule versus top 25 and 50 RPI teams should carry a little more weight than some team that plays a 21 game conference schedule, or has an RPI in triple digits, or didn't play a single top 25 RPI team.

Should any of these teams falter in their conference tourneys, we should get a second look, yeah, I'm talking to you Clemson.

GBO!!!

edit, I made a mistake by putting Arky in the table above...

I would love to see it, but I just don't think they are going to take 11 teams from the SEC. If we had beat Vandy, I think that probably would have put us in. Next year!!!

How can we get this info to the people who make these decisions? Do we know where they live? Email?
Go Vols!

I would love to see it, but I just don't think they are going to take 11 teams from the SEC. If we had beat Vandy, I think that probably would have put us in. Next year!!!

The selection folks have all the info plus some...they just need to be fair...not holding my breath. :)

I don't either, but that doesn't mean they are right. The SEC is from top to bottom, the strongest conference there is...what's one more team? :clapping:

We had our chances to take care of business, we didn't and I'm okay with that, but it's fun to poke and prod the Nebraskas and ODUs and Long Beach States of the world.

Yep..check the very bottom of the post...I caught it, I just didn't feel like going back to change it...:hi:

My bad didn't read all of it. The table was enough for me to make our case. I'm amazed to see Clemson struggling that bad this season. I wonder if MTSU keeps winning and ultimately wins CUSA if that helps us or hinders us? Rice is in regardless so Middle could still a spot if they're not already projected in but having them beat ODU and Rice would in turn boost our RPI.

VN Store

Back