Numbers

fryeguy93

Rufus X. Sarsaparilli
RPIs of interest from Warren Nolan from in-state schools and out-of- conference opponents

ec21pj0.png

again from Warren Nolan:

i6TdqJ2.png

As I've seed previously, I think the number one competitor for an SEC spot will be Arkansas.

Because of the terrible loss to Asheville, Arkansas got ahead of us RPI wise. Arkansas also got up and over the magic-15 win SEC mark due to a strong close to season.

So may be the main competition now is Texas A&M who has not got to 15 but does have a higher RPI.

After 2 wins this weekend, the Gators did wrap up a national seed. However, I don't see another unless South Carolina and Vanderbilt make a run.

The East only got one team with a bye. But that has more to do with the east beating each other more than anything. No one would take the top 3 east teams over SC or Vanderbilt.

Set to host first round play
Florida
South Carolina
Vanderbilt
Ole Miss or LSU

Kentucky has an outside shot but has too many losses.

#2 seeds
Ole Miss or LSU
Kentucky
Miss State
Arkansas

#3 seeds
Alabama
Texas A&M

I can't imagine SEC getting an 11th team in. There has been simply too much hostility against the conference in all sports.

Last week, I had a thought that if Tennessee makes the tourney I just knew they'd be assigned to Liberty University region. Now that the Flames lost series 2-1 at Radford, I think they'll be going somewhere else.

thought this was interesting...

Mike Rooney ‏@Mike_Rooney · 19h
@KendallRogersPG @aaronfitt @johnmanuelba Barring conf tourney surprise, it feels hard to justify Clemson over Tennessee as an at large team

Expand  Reply
 Retweet

 Favorite

 More

Aaron Fitt ‏@aaronfitt · 19h
@Mike_Rooney @KendallRogersPG @johnmanuelba I'm with you, actually—I like Tennessee's resume a lot more.

 Hide conversation  Reply
 Retweet

 Favorite

 More

Favorite

Michael Wallace

6:26 PM - 17 May 2014 · Details

Mike Rooney ‏@Mike_Rooney · 18h
@aaronfitt @KendallRogersPG @johnmanuelba Don't know if the Committee could stomach it but the SEC deserves 11 bids at this point

thought this was interesting...

I'd imagine CDS is doing a little politicking today....as he should. Making a case for 11 teams from one conference is a daunting task however........

A win Tuesday would go a long way.

I thought I would look into the Clemson thing a bit...

Versus top 25 RPI teams

Clemson is 2 and 11

Tennessee is 7-11 (UNLV has an RPI of 27 and we swept them, but I'm not counting them here)

Versus RPI top 50 teams

Clemson is 7-12

Tennessee is 14-14

Reactions: 1 person
I don't think there is any way the committee will leave A&M or Arkansas out of the NCAA Tourney. Our only hope is to get in as the 11th SEC team, unless we really really shine in Hoover. I'd say it would take one and outs by both of those teams AND us playing on Sunday to put us ahead of them. That's a fairy tale.

I don't think it will take as much from us to make a point that we belong as the 11th team. If we could win 2 in Hoover, I think that will help our case immensely. At that point its up to the committee to decide if they can deal with the idea of 11 teams from one conference in their tournament. I think, along with most writers, that we already have shown we belong. But we have to give the committee some ammo to throw at critics, or else we WILL be on the outside looking in.

Vol66...Do you have any idea how talented the pitchers are in this recruiting class? Are biggest need for next season is getting depth in the bullpen.

Vol66...Do you have any idea how talented the pitchers are in this recruiting class? Are biggest need for next season is getting depth in the bullpen.

What CDS has done is impressive

I don't know a lot about any of the new guys at this point, there's a little bit of time between the end of the season and summer ball starting...in between I'll try to dig up what I can. I wish baseball was like football in terms of info about recruits, but it's much harder IMO...

I've been compiling some stats going back to 2005...it is impressive Yankee, if not down right mind blowing, of course one must take into account the changes that have occurred...

We have some guys that should be able to help right away. Richard Jackson and Kevin Steen are two good righties coming in. Jackson is a strike thrower. Steen throws harder but not as accurate. Steven Kane is a junior college righty that has had a lot of success. Then we have Zach Reid and Aaron Soto who are crafty lefties that we desperately need out of the pen. As you saw with florida, they had the luxury to bring in a lefty to face Price, Maddox, and Stewart and then get him out of there. We should have that kind of luxury soon.

The biggest thing that we will have that we haven't had in awhile is that we know what our rotation is going to be. Cox, Martin, and Serrano should be one of the most talented rotations in the country with experience under the belt. We just need Kyle to get it together. I believe Kyle will be starting Tuesday, as I don't think CDS wants to push our three starters to come back on short rest. Let's hope Kyle rises to the occasion.

As far as position players, the two catchers coming in will push Houser if he doesn't start hitting. They are both extremely talented both behind and at the plate. And if Lane Thomas doesn't get drafted, he should be the starting centerfielder from day one moving Jackson to right.

We have some guys that should be able to help right away. Richard Jackson and Kevin Steen are two good righties coming in. Jackson is a strike thrower. Steen throws harder but not as accurate. Steven Kane is a junior college righty that has had a lot of success. Then we have Zach Reid and Aaron Soto who are crafty lefties that we desperately need out of the pen. As you saw with florida, they had the luxury to bring in a lefty to face Price, Maddox, and Stewart and then get him out of there. We should have that kind of luxury soon.

The biggest thing that we will have that we haven't had in awhile is that we know what our rotation is going to be. Cox, Martin, and Serrano should be one of the most talented rotations in the country with experience under the belt. We just need Kyle to get it together. I believe Kyle will be starting Tuesday, as I don't think CDS wants to push our three starters to come back on short rest. Let's hope Kyle rises to the occasion.

As far as position players, the two catchers coming in will push Houser if he doesn't start hitting. They are both extremely talented both behind and at the plate. And if Lane Thomas doesn't get drafted, he should be the starting centerfielder from day one moving Jackson to right.
Would Maddux most likely move to 3rd to replace Smart?

I would bet good money that Maddox goes pro. Jordan Rodgers is going to take Smart's spot. He is going to be a great player for us. Had Smart beat out last fall, but Smart got hip the nod as a senior.

I would bet good money that Maddox goes pro. Jordan Rodgers is going to take Smart's spot. He is going to be a great player for us. Had Smart beat out last fall, but Smart got hip the nod as a senior.

I doubt Maddux goes pro. He needs another year.

RF: Jackson
CF: Thomas
LF: Stewart
3B: Maddux
SS: Simcox
2B: Senzel
1B: Maggio
C: best one

VN Store

Back