Who is Going to Hoover?

vol66

GBO!!!
Staff member
I have been saying for three years, "If we make it to Hoover, I'm going." I know I've said it here, but I've also said it around the house, during baseball season for the last three years as well.

My son graduates from, hhhhhmmmmm...kindergarten Tuesday at 11:30 AM.

Oh boy.

This will be, lol, tough to overcome...certainly if we get past Vandy I'm going...

Anybody else going?

Reactions: 2 people
I have been saying for three years, "If we make it to Hoover, I'm going." I know I've said it here, but I've also said it around the house, during baseball season for the last three years as well.

Oh boy.

This will be, lol, tough to overcome...certainly if we get past Vandy I'm going...

Anybody else going?

When I meet the person who started kindergarten "graduation", that person is getting an ass whipping.

Go to Hoover. You're the most die hard fan I know of. To follow the team the way you do, you deserve to be in Hoover.

I don't care how cute the kids are, they don't "graduate" from kindergarten.

Reactions: 7 people
When I meet the person who started kindergarten "graduation", that person is getting an ass whipping.
Go to Hoover. You're the most die hard fan I know of. To follow the team the way you do, you deserve to be in Hoover.

When I was a young man that is exactly how I felt about the guy who invented "The Bra"...:p

I may still, we'll see.

Are you going?

I live in alabaster which is about 20 minutes south of Hoover but I got t be at work at 6 I'm gonna try to play sick or something and get there by 9 I've been waiting since 2007 to go watch them in Hoover so if I can't go Tuesday they better win 1 game so I can see them later in the week GO VOLS

Reactions: 1 person
I live in alabaster which is about 20 minutes south of Hoover but I got t be at work at 6 I'm gonna try to play sick or something and get there by 9 I've been waiting since 2007 to go watch them in Hoover so if I can't go Tuesday they better win 1 game so I can see them later in the week GO VOLS

That's the spirit! Hope you get to see 'em play!

GBO!

Don't follow bball a lot, but this is related. Why are so many SEC events in Hoover/Bham, AL. 30 min from UAs campus?

This will be my 8th year in a row going to Hoover. I got to see UT beat Vandy in '07 my first time down there. I have been to the new park in Omaha and I do not hesitate to say that Hoover is the best baseball tournament in America. If you have any opportunity to go, don't hesitate. And if you go, I suggest watching all the baseball you can. Don't make a trip down to Hoover and watch one game a day. At least get your money's worth and watch both games of the session.

Oh boy.

Anybody else going?
Leaving Monday & in HOOVER for the week. Hope you can work it out & be there for the Vols, 66...You have kept the rest of us informed on game days. As gator 99 said, you deserve it! GBO!!:hi:

This will be my 8th year in a row going to Hoover. I got to see UT beat Vandy in '07 my first time down there. I have been to the new park in Omaha and I do not hesitate to say that Hoover is the best baseball tournament in America. If you have any opportunity to go, don't hesitate. And if you go, I suggest watching all the baseball you can. Don't make a trip down to Hoover and watch one game a day. At least get your money's worth and watch both games of the session.

This! Best sports bargain ever & SEC fans at their best in Hoover! See you there.

Don't forget the ass whoppin' that needs to be given to the people who decided there's no reason to keep the score in the kids games now days.

Reactions: 3 people
Tennessee Baseball @Vol_Baseball · 23m

The #Vols will practice from 10-11 a.m. CT tomorrow at the Hoover Met. All practices are open to the public.

Oh boy.

Anybody else going?

You gotta go, 66! Your kindergartner will never remember that you weren't there!

I'll be there. Looking forward to it!

Last day of school in Blount Co. on Tuesday and I've got to deal with a son moving from elementary to middle school (wife's orders)

I'll be there after that!

Going for first time:
--Is there open seating?
--If not, do the ushers check your tickets to see where you are supposed to be sitting?
--Are folks scalping tix out front?
--Do you have to buy tickets for each session?
--Any tips on any of this?

Going for first time:
--Is there open seating?
--If not, do the ushers check your tickets to see where you are supposed to be sitting?
--Are folks scalping tix out front?
--Do you have to buy tickets for each session?
--Any tips on any of this?

GA is open seating, which is what most of the stadium is. With that said, ushers do not check stubs, especially at 9:30 games like ours. Tix are sold by the session which usually includes 2 games I believe. No need to scalp, it won't come close to selling out and tix are like $10-15 per session. You may find some LSU or State folks who have extras or don't care about going to a session they're not involved in and they're looking to get rid of them but that's rare. Can't beat like $6/game IMO.

Reactions: 2 people
GA is open seating, which is what most of the stadium is. With that said, ushers do not check stubs, especially at 9:30 games like ours. Tix are sold by the session which usually includes 2 games I believe. No need to scalp, it won't come close to selling out and tix are like $10-15 per session. You may find some LSU or State folks who have extras or don't care about going to a session they're not involved in and they're looking to get rid of them but that's rare. Can't beat like $6/game IMO.

Yep. We stay for at least pieces of all 4 games on the first few days. That's a lot of time to sit in the sun so we leave our reserved section seats open for a good bit of the tournament to find shade. I don't think I have ever been asked for my ticket past the gate. Most of the time, fans will populate the area behind their team's dugout. Its pretty much a free-for-all as far as seating goes.

Thanks for the info. I plan to go for the first two days and see every team at least once.

Now, does anyone have any idea who the Vols will start on the mound in game 1?

Last edited:

VN Store

Back