Vols Headed Back to SEC Tournament

VN News

The Tennessee baseball team is headed back to the SEC Tournament for the first time since 2007 after defeating Florida, 7-5, on Saturday.

More...

Discuss.

Reactions: 11 people
Good for them! But dang it seems nothing happens on the Hill anymore in any sport without it being the most intense way possible....

What an awesome win!! I was scared to death those last couple of innings but huge congrats to the Vols for pullin' it off!!! Now let's hope they can make some noise in Hoover!

I honestly don't know what is better: puttin a beat down on the gators or going to the SEC Tournament!

Glad we could oblige.

Now I know why Sully started mostly backups today before the post-season started; that was some fugly ball on our part... if there was a mistake to be made, we definitely made it.

Jason Lombardozzi 2b, Justin Shafer rf, Mike Fahrman c, Josh Tobias 3b, and Ryan Larson lf are all backups who started today. And we let 8 pitchers take the mound, half of whom I don't even know.

Those guys had batting mistakes, base running mistakes, pitching mistakes, and fielding mistakes... tough to watch if you were a Gator fan, but I guess Sully at least got them the experience he wanted.

Glad we could oblige.

Now I know why Sully started mostly backups today before the post-season started; that was some fugly ball on our part... if there was a mistake to be made, we definitely made it.

Jason Lombardozzi 2b, Justin Shafer rf, Mike Fahrman c, Josh Tobias 3b, and Ryan Larson lf are all backups who started today. And we let 8 pitchers take the mound, half of whom I don't even know.

Those guys had batting mistakes, base running mistakes, pitching mistakes, and fielding mistakes... tough to watch if you were a Gator fan, but I guess Sully at least got them the experience he wanted.

Screw off

Glad we could oblige.

Ya'll had won everything there was to play for going into the day, resting guys is probably a good strategy...of course, you know that.

I don't care if "Sully" rolled Anita Bryant, Pat Boone and Ronnie Van Zant's little brother out there, we goin' to Hoover.

Good luck the rest of the way.

Reactions: 2 people
Baseball and basketball both are looking good. Time for the football team to get back on track. Great job by the baseball Vols to get to Hoover.

Cardiac or just plain lack of fundamentals? Watched some of the game today and it was pitiful. Catcher can't block the ball, center fielder can't field the ball nor throw it in to the infield with out being wild and the short stop that cannot make the throw to first base. Really? It is a wonder they made it to the post season.

Cardiac or just plain lack of fundamentals? Watched some of the game today and it was pitiful. Catcher can't block the ball, center fielder can't field the ball nor throw it in to the infield with out being wild and the short stop that cannot make the throw to first base. Really? It is a wonder they made it to the post season.

You need to watch more.

Reactions: 1 person
Ya'll had won everything there was to play for going into the day, resting guys is probably a good strategy...of course, you know that.

I don't care if "Sully" rolled Anita Bryant, Pat Boone and Ronnie Van Zant's little brother out there, we goin' to Hoover.

Good luck the rest of the way.

And I'm seriously glad y'all made it; I'd much rather have UT in the post-season than AU or Mizzou. In fact, I hope y'all make the other tourney as well.

My cousin just graduated from UT and was a student-athlete who put a trophy in y'all's case.

I just thought when somebody characterized a 7-5 win as a gator (hard to believe anyone older than 12 writes that) beatdown it might be interesting to note that it wasn't exactly the Gator A-team.

Anybody who watched the game from the beginning knows that was the case because they'd have listened to Rusty Ensor talk about it at length in the pregame... that's how I knew.

Anyway, best of luck the rest of the way to y'all too.

Oh look....RiseToTheTop's brother.

Reactions: 2 people
Congrats to the Vols on making the SEC tournament. Although I would like to b*tch slap whoever designed those uni's.

I honestly don't know what is better: puttin a beat down on the gators or going to the SEC Tournament!

Why. Choose both are topnotch but the sec tournament might be slightly better for the fact it's apart of the second season.

Great that we beat the gators to prevent a sweep, and also damn great we've risen out of the mire and returned to the sec tournament.

So year 3 of Serrano has proven successful with a return to the sec tournament.
Let's go far in the sec tournament.

VN Store

Back