Morehead State Scout

vol66

GBO!!!
Staff member
Morehead State: 24-24, (14-13), RPI 197, SOS 254

Morehead is a really good hitting team. The team BA is .304, with 6 guys all batting over .300.

They are lead by Brandon Rawe, .401, he also has 18 doubles and 10 home runs, a slugging percentage of .622 and an on base percentage of .430.

On the flip side, the pitching doesn't look so hot. The team ERA is a whopping 6.13, in fact only one pitcher on the roster has an ERA lower than 4.19.

Blake Smith will get the start versus Kyle Serrano...

Smith: 5.91 ERA, 1-1 w/l, 21.1 IP, 27 H, 16 R, 14 ER, 12 BB, 15 SO, .318 b/avg.

SUMMARY

I don't know much about Morehead State, they beat UK on April 8th in a mid week game, so we can't take them lightly...

More so, our RPI is up to 43 and that's very close to the danger zone of 45...not many at large bids go out to teams that have an RPI over 45, historically speaking. So, this is really a must win game if we want to make the NCAA tourney. Winning won't help much, but losing it would probably drop us to the 50 range and one win versus UF wouldn't likely help the RPI enough...again, it's just my opinion, but the Vols are playing for their post season lives tonight, it shouldn't be this way, but here we are.

I can't imagine the guys will come out flat tonight given what is on the line, based on the stats, this could be a high scoring game. At this hour, some clouds have moved in and there is a 35% chance of rain at game time...that might not be a bad scenario, but I'd rather watch a baseball game.

GBO!!!

VN Store

Back