Late Night Rubber Match Scout

vol66

GBO!!!
Staff member
Tonight's game was a great college baseball game, highlighted by stunning pitching and defense by both teams.

MS coaches, as I type this, are trying to decide who will start for the Bulldogs tomorrow. Cohen said post game that they will "crunch the numbers" regarding our hitting versus left handers.

In the regular scout, I felt like:

Preston Brown (So. RHP) 2.28 ERA, 4-1 w/l, 43.1 IP, 37 H, 12 R, 11 ER, 15 BB, 31 SO, .239 b/avg.

would get the start. Based on twitter, and Cohen's postgame comments:

Lucas Lassiter (Jr. LHP) 2.00 ERA, 0-0 w/l, 18 IP, 15 H, 9 R, 4 ER, 2 BB, 12 SO, .221 b/avg.

is also now in the running.

I still think Brown will get the start, simply because Lassiter hasn't pitched that much this year, 6 total appearances and only 2 starts.

Lassiter and Lindgren(who wild pitched us to victory on Friday night) are the only left handers left in their rotation, as far as I can tell.

On the other hand, we'll start Cox (LHP), tomorrow and we have a very deep pen to go to with Lenny, B'court, Peterson, even Lee could go again...

We need to come out of there with a win tomorrow, regardless of what happens with some other teams...a road series win would really help the resume.

GBO!!!

Reactions: 1 person
66, thanks for the updates & insights on UT baseball! Let's win this series & head back to the SEC Tournament where the Vols belong!

66, thanks for the updates & insights on UT baseball! Let's win this series & head back to the SEC Tournament where the Vols belong!

:hi:

Tomorrow's game is at 2:30 PM and will be televised on CBSSN, channel 221 on DirecTV...

GBO!!!

Can you, like, be promoted to Baseball Mod or something 66? You bring a lot of great effort and knowledge to the board. Much appreciated.

Also, go Vols! Take the series tomorrow!

Great post Vol66 but the parents that are here in Starkville have said both Peterson and Bettencourt are not here this weekend. Both have some arm issues is what has happened to them. So we have Cox, Owenby, Marks, Serrano, Lenstrohn and Lee available as far as I can tell. There may be others but I'm not exactly sure what other pitchers made trip. Maybe Grotz and Saberhagen too.

Pardon my ignorance but I always thought game three of a series or the last game of a series is referred to as the rubber match. Is this not correct? Didn't the Vols win Friday and Miss State win yesterday? Isn't the series tied 1-1 and therefore today's game being the "rubber match"? Or, were two games played yesterday and the Vols lost the rubber match game?

Pardon my ignorance but I always thought game three of a series or the last game of a series is referred to as the rubber match. Is this not correct? Didn't the Vols win Friday and Miss State win yesterday? Isn't the series tied 1-1 and therefore today's game being the "rubber match"? Or, were two games played yesterday and the Vols lost the rubber match game?

You're correct. Also, vol66 was scouting for tomorrow's rubber match game and it just happened to be late night.

Did you read the post?

Great post Vol66 but the parents that are here in Starkville have said both Peterson and Bettencourt are not here this weekend. Both have some arm issues is what has happened to them. So we have Cox, Owenby, Marks, Serrano, Lenstrohn and Lee available as far as I can tell. There may be others but I'm not exactly sure what other pitchers made trip. Maybe Grotz and Saberhagen too.

Thanks for the info on B'court and Peterson...

VN Store

Back