Serrano's situation

Burger

We are getting a new influx of fans in this forum, and I think it would help all of us if we talk about roster and roles. All players, years, and positions come from UTSPORTS.com. This post will show why I am optimistic for next year, and why I expect around .500 this year.

Our starting Line-up today against Vanderbilt was this.

2B Will Maddox JR
SS A.J. Simcox SO
LF Christin Stewart SO
DH Nick Senzel FR
RF Scott Price SR JC
3B Taylor Smart SR JC
1B Nathaniel Maggio FR
C David Houser SO
CF Vincent Jackson SO

All three seniors in the line up came from a junior college. Its obvious to see that Serrano turned over the entire lineup in the last three years. We will see tons of progress here over the next few years.

Our starters this weekend are

SR Nick Williams
FR Hunter Martin
FR Kyle Serrano

Our next two starters are

Bret Marks JR JC
Andrew Lee SO

Nick Williams is having an extremely good senior year, but Hunter Martin is absolutely amazing for a true freshman. Serrano and Martin are going to be stars by the time they both leave the hill. I am hoping Nick Williams helps all the other guys grow up.

Our Bullpen we primarily use is

Andy Cox SO
Drake Owenby SO
Josh Petersen JR JC
Peter Lehnstrom JR JC
Trevor Bettencourt SO

Once again we see a trend like the rotation. We are going to grow as a team over the year. I am glad we have Serrano at the helm leading this team. We will be a great team around CWS time.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
We are fine. We will take lumps this year. We are "slumping" but we are also playing really good teams. What Coach Serrano needs is for his whole team to get a year older and have another signing class show up. He needs to get Lane Thomas in along with Santiago and Steen.

Reactions: 1 person
Everyone got over excited by the early success. Now they think the wheels are falling off. Just normal UT fans expecting perfection.

Curse of firing a good coach...baseball version

Just because Hamilton screwed up Delmonico's replacement doesn't mean it wasn't time for RD to go. The APR penalties under his watch were killing our ability to recruit. For all his suckage, at least Raleigh got us back to our full allotment so Serrano could recruit on a level playing field.

Vols are just fine! We got the right man at the helm. It may take the better part of five years! but make no mistake we got the right man! Go Vols! Hang in there coach!

Why are fans down on Serrano? We have one of the best teams in the country in year 3. I think CDS has done a tremendous job.

Why are fans down on Serrano? We have one of the best teams in the country in year 3. I think CDS has done a tremendous job.

I don't get it either. I thought it was time to bring up our roster again. Most of these guys just got here in the last two years. We will see major strides by the end.

It's insane how fans are so quick to criticize.

Seranno is a very, very good coach. Let the man do his job. He is a proven winner unlike Martin.

Go put some cream on your butthurt and get over it.

You constantly insulting people who don't think Martin is very good has gotten old. I don't know when you became such an ass. I'm not even sure you're capable of commenting without insulting people at this point. Not to mention, your insults are on par with 14 year olds which makes it even worse. I can't take anyone seriously who says "butthurt".

You constantly insulting people who don't think Martin is very good has gotten old. I don't know when you became such an ass. I'm not even sure you're capable of commenting without insulting people at this point. Not to mention, your insults are on par with 14 year olds which makes it even worse. I can't take anyone seriously who says "butthurt".

Signed: Butthurt petition signer.

Dude piss off. You're the biggest jackass on this site, with your constant long winded, self-important posts about what Martin needed to do to get your blessing; and then like snake you are when he does meet them, you backtrack like a pansy. Not to mention your other genius posts where you just HAVE to tell us how much you don't like something, as if we're supposed to care.

Get bent, and if you don't like what I say, then put me on ignore. Oh wait, you won't do that, because then what would you whine about?

Shut up about coach Martin in the baseball forum unless you see him at a game.

This is Dave Serrano's team forum not Martin's team.

VN Store

Back