Time To Show Up

vol66

GBO!!!
Staff member
This is when the fan base needs to step up, not step down.

Before the season, I had this as a sweep for SC. As the season played itself out, I thought maybe we might be able to get one.

We were right there fellas. We were right there in those first two games.

"Most one run games are lost, not won." ~ Gene Mauch

SC is a great college baseball team...we pitched with them, hit them at their place. This team needs to learn how to not lose those games, but from a talent perspective, we've gained some ground.

Not to overlook ETSU, they did beat Auburn earlier this year, but Vandy is coming to our house next weekend. They too have elite pitching...but in some other areas they are not as good as SC imo. If we could manage to win that series, we'd be right back in business.

That said...we have a 4000 seat park and we need to fill it. We need to give our team the home field advantage these other premier SEC teams enjoy. Basketball is over! It's baseball season. It's Time!

GBO!

Reactions: 1 person
You must live close. Many of us can't. We're only there in spirit, but, we are strong and mighty...sometimes.
Question for you. Do you enjoy this season, so far, better than last season? Looks better to me...we'll see.
GO VOLS!

You must live close. Many of us can't. We're only there in spirit, but, we are strong and mighty...sometimes.
Question for you. Do you enjoy this season, so far, better than last season? Looks better to me...we'll see.
GO VOLS!

I do live close and I don't go as much as I should, but I am going to be there this weekend.

I have enjoyed it. There have been disappointments for sure...I wouldn't have thought Price would make 2 errors in the same game...I hoped KS would be able to help more and Owenby would have carried over his summer experience...but...AJ, Maddox and Smart have been terrific...Houser and Schultz have been spectacular, the defense in general until this series has been outstanding.

I think we had a little slump hitting the ball, maybe due to the travel, weather etc...a couple weeks back...

Most think next year is the year and I agree...but this team is very close.

VN Store

Back