Six-Run 9th Inning Gives #2 SC 9-6 Win

VN News

The No. 2 South Carolina Gamecocks scored six runs with two outs in the bottom of the ninth inning to complete a six-run comeback and defeat No. 21 Tennessee, 9-6, in game two of the series on Saturday at Carolina Stadium.

More...

Discuss.

The No. 2 South Carolina Gamecocks scored six runs with two outs in the bottom of the ninth inning to complete a six-run comeback and defeat No. 21 Tennessee, 9-6, in game two of the series on Saturday at Carolina Stadium.

More...

Discuss.

Win tomorrow!
:good!:
Tennesseeduke

Learning experiences suck sometimes, but they have to happen. I'm not worried about it at all. Owenby, and the rest of the team for that matter, have to be ready to close games out. Hopefully it is only an early SEC issue and I think it will be. Get them tomorrow, Dave! GBO

Reactions: 1 person
Look at their winning percentage and think before you post next time.

Actually think and then don't post.

lost 2 of 3 at home to auburn, 0-2 to sc, quote said "of the sec", 1-4 is that record,,,,,we fired a winning coach and have sucked since.

maybe take your own advice

Yeah, hard luck team right now. Don't count these boys out just yet. Long way to go...GO VOLS! :rock:

lost 2 of 3 at home to auburn, 0-2 to sc, quote said "of the sec", 1-4 is that record,,,,,we fired a winning coach and have sucked since.

We hired a better coach in Serrano than Delmonico. I've been watching Dave for years. He makes Butch Jones look like a loser.

Our majority of starters are freshmen and sophomores. They will get a lot better than they are now.

We hired a better coach in Serrano than Delmonico. I've been watching Dave for years. He makes Butch Jones look like a loser.

Our majority of starters are freshmen and sophomores. They will get a lot better than they are now.

Yep. Add CDS to the FB recruiting staff. :)

Yep. Add CDS to the FB recruiting staff. :)

He's too good at managing. I'm glad we'll be adding 3 more arms next year, but Williams is the only one leaving. :)

**** the guy has been to the college WS twice, once at Fullerton, once at Irvine. He has a CWS ring as a pitching coach in 04.

His best coached player was Chad Cordero. He went from Serrano to the MLB that September.

Last edited:
I imagine it's going to be hard for the Vols to get up off the ground after yesterday's finishes, and close out this series by preventing a sweep. They probably feel as if the Gamecocks are like a heavy weight bearing down hard on them. Kinda like this:

attachment.php

Yesterday's finishes could be spirit breakers. Let's hope the guys can learn from it and get things back on track.

Surrendering 6 runs with two outs in the bottom of the ninth is inexcusable / unacceptable, I don't care who you're playing.

Reactions: 3 people
I understand rallies happen, but getting ONE (1) out against any team when you're leading by 3 runs, and with the bases clear, shouldn't be too much to ask.

Wow, a Delmonico fluffer! Now I know what it's like to come across a species thought to be formally extinct.

BTW, Serrano is one hundred times the coach Delmonico ever was. Good riddance.

VN Store

Back