Vols Sweep Doubleheader, Take Mizzou Series

VN News

No. 17 Tennessee bounced back from a Friday night loss to win the final two games of a weekend series for the second week in a row, sweeping Saturday's doubleheader at Missouri to take its opening series of Southeastern Conference action.

More...

Discuss.

C'mon man...keep that over in the coaching for....um...basketball forum. :p

Chill out man, just a little sarcastic humor here! lol. Just having a little fun while complimenting Serrano's coaching abilities.
:eek:lol:

Chill out man, just a little sarcastic humor here! lol. Just having a little fun while complimenting Serrano's coaching abilities.
:eek:lol:

I thought it was funny...I tried to dbl down, swing and a miss on my part...:p

With the way they bounced back in opening series losses to Arizona State and now Missouri, it's looking like this team hates to lose and loves getting revenge. Hopefully with every loss, they can come back and win 3(or more). Though, that gets a little harder when you starting playing the SEC elite. Just take 2 of 3 against those teams and that will be amazing.

With the way they bounced back in opening series losses to Arizona State and now Missouri, it's looking like this team hates to lose and loves getting revenge. Hopefully with every loss, they can come back and win 3(or more). Though, that gets a little harder when you starting playing the SEC elite. Just take 2 of 3 against those teams and that will be amazing.

I'd be happy with not getting swept by anyone this year. It would be an epic accomplishment for the good guys.

I think we've found the right coach to get the baseball Vols turned out. He's doing an excellent job. May have to start attending a few games. Anyone know how much tickets are?

I'd be happy with not getting swept by anyone this year. It would be an epic accomplishment for the good guys.

I agree.

That's why I said it would be amazing if they took 2 of 3 from elite teams. Taking 1 of 3 against them is still good. There are some great teams in the SEC and that's why I'm wishing on an eyelash they find a way to take 2 of 3. I know that's not possible, unless the Vols end up being championship favorites. I'd still hate if they lost all of the series against quality teams 1-2. I'm with you on hoping they don't get swept and take as many series 2-1 as they lose 1-2 against elite teams. SEC is really good.

I agree.

That's why I said it would be amazing if they took 2 of 3 from elite teams. Taking 1 of 3 against them is still good. There are some great teams in the SEC and that's why I'm wishing on an eyelash they find a way to take 2 of 3. I know that's not possible, unless the Vols end up being championship favorites. I'd still hate if they lost all of the series against quality teams 1-2. I'm with you on hoping they don't get swept and take as many series 2-1 as they lose 1-2 against elite teams. SEC is really good.
I agree.
Sweeping Vandy or SC would completely make my year though.

Second Weekend in a row it's the same story.

The Vols lose the first game but then rebound by winning the second and third game to again win a series on the road.
The Vols again prove to be a built like a rock resilant team.

Like I said in reaction to game one loss to the Tigers yes it sucks and it's bitter but still a lot of season left so no need to overreact.

But don't get me wrong one should be very bitter and unhappy with not only losing the opener game to division series but also one that they could have and should have won but lost it in heartbreaking close but no cigar Dallas Cowboys style.

This time the opening Division series freakin great because I can't the last time the Vols won a division series to start division games.

The Vols are starting to build that resume they are a good resilant team.
Two weekends in a row rebounding to win series on the road.

2-1 for a Division record, damn it's great.
Serrano said time for rebuilding over it's time for winning. The Vols with a 15-2 record that includes winning the opening division is making him look damn brillant.

VN Store

Back