Mizzou Scouting Report

vol66

GBO!!!
Staff member
Missouri (8-7, 4-1 @ Home), RPI - 188, SOS 214

Mizzou has had 9 games cancelled due to weather.

They have 1 win versus a team with a record above .500, Radford.

They won the only 3 game series they've been able to play, Southern Miss...2-1.

They've won 4 of their last 5...

Pitchers

Brett Graves(RHP) - .098 ERA, 2-1, 27.2 IP, 14 H, 4 R, 3 ER, 4 BB, 23 K, 1 Extra BH.

* Nick Williams and Graves were the starters for Game 2 last year.

John Miles(RHP) - 6.27 ERA, 2-0, 18.2 IP, 25 H, 15 R, 13 ER, 3 BB, 17 K, Given up 8 Doubles

* He was a reliever in game 3 last year

Eric Anderson(RHP) - 3.86 ERA, 0-2, 7 IP, 8 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 1 BB, 5 K

* Anderson is a senior, he was still recovering from Tommy John's surgery when we played them last year. He's also one of the better hitters on the team with a .324BA.

Breckin Williams(RHP) - 1.32 ERA, 13.2 IP, 11 H, 5 R, 2 ER, 4 BB, 6 K

* Williams picked up the loss as a reliever in game 2 last year. He is Mizzou's Andy Cox, probably could be a starter, but comes on in relief.

We also faced John Miles, Jace James, Alec Rash and Keaton Steele last year, all still on the roster. Steele has 4 saves on the year, the only Mizzou pitcher that has recorded a save.

Some info from Southern Miss. Series...
Mizzou Baseball Extra Nine: The Southern Miss Series - MUTIGERS.COM - The University of Missouri Official Athletic Site

Their team ERA is 3.16.

Hitters

Kendall Keeton leads the way for the Tigers. He's batting .411 and leads the team in hits with 23.

Shane Segovia(.325) shares the lead in RBI with Ryan Howard(.244), both have 10. The pair also pace the team with Doubles, 4 each.

Dylan Kelly (.357) has also been solid at the plate for MU.

As a team, the batting average is .262

In the Field

Ryan Howard is the Frosh SS for MU, he has 9 errors on the season so far, the team has 21 on the season. Josh Lester at 2B, has 3...

Opponents are 21/23 stealing against MU...think we'll be aggressive?

Their team fielding percentage is .913

The MU Tiger Preview of the Series

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools...o_pdf/2013-14/release/release_20140312aaa.pdf

In the time it's taken me to write this I'm sure you are already aware that KS is not starting. The weekend rotation for UT will be:

Friday- N. Williams
Saturday - H. Martin
Sunday - A. Lee

GBO!

Reactions: 5 people
Bipd777CcAEtvAP.jpg:large

Tennessee Baseball ‏@Vol_Baseball · 1m
#Vols getting their first look at Simmons Field at Taylor Stadium with some BP.

Reactions: 1 person
Excited for this weekend.

Me too! If we could manage to win the first one, always hard to do on the road, then I really like our chances. Once we get past Graves on Friday, I think we'll put up some runs due to their poor fielding and our aggressiveness on the base paths, even if we aren't at the top of our game swinging the bats.

Me too! If we could manage to win the first one, always hard to do on the road, then I really like our chances. Once we get past Graves on Friday, I think we'll put up some runs due to their poor fielding and our aggressiveness on the base paths, even if we aren't at the top of our game swinging the bats.

Bunting might be very useful against graves if we can't get anyone on.

VN Store

Back