Vols win 6-4

Well done. About the only negative I could see was 9 men left on base. Something they have been having an issue with all season thus far. Still, 14-1 is a great start.

Boys and girls, I think we got a baseball team on our hands finally.. Woo hoo

CDS was right... rebuild is over. Time to win. What a gritty, great weekend for the BaseVols.

Reactions: 2 people
Boys and girls, I think we got a baseball team on our hands finally.. Woo hoo

They've been stuck in the mud but like a Phoenix rising form the ashes Serrano has brought the vols out of the mud.
In year 3 vols are prospering and backing up his words time for rebuild is over it's time for winning.

14-1
Vols beat start 12-0
Vols rebound from a 3-1 first loss with two consecutive come from behind wins 6-5, 6-4 on the road vs a ranked sun devils team.

Damn it's great the sun devils shall forever remember this woeful way to lose the series, and the vols Making a statement in their first real test.

Says a lot about this team to go out to ASU and take the series. Big time.

How great it is that after a stinker of 3-1 game one loss they rebound with two back to back wins.
Game one a damn fluke because the vols used big innings in game two and three.
Both of which seem like parody or lightning striking twice.

Vols on invade Tempe, and leave with a series win.
Vols proved worthy to be ranked with two back of back comeback wins on the road vs a top 25 ranked team.

Anyone else get the feeling that UT Athletics has turned the corner the last few weeks?

Vince Ferrara tweeted that Vols basketball, Lady Vols basketball, softball and baseball are a combined 28-3 since February 23.

Next week's going to be interesting in baseball and men's basketball.

Reactions: 1 person
Really proud of this team. We all knew Dave was the guy when hired him and he is proving us right.

Reactions: 1 person
Really proud of this team. We all knew Dave was the guy when hired him and he is proving us right.

I honestly thought it would take him much longer and hoped the fan base didn't lose patience.

I honestly thought it would take him much longer and hoped the fan base didn't lose patience.

Like what 3-4 years before they are kicking ass in year 5?

Vols continue to be hitting on all cylinders. They prove this weekend they can come back to win a series on a road vs a top 25 team.
A year after getting embarrassed by the sun devils the vols returned the favor. While it wasn't blow out wins it didn't matter because the vols still has big innings, and the fact the sun devils weren't able to hold on to leads back to back days or finish comebacks egregious after a magnificent game one performance.

Last two seasons the signs were there of the vols are going to be great winning division series before week 5, not getting swept, and three plays away in nailbiters from winning more division series.

We are playing Baseball now. This is the good kind of baseball. Hard nose. Good team with good results.

VN Store

Back