#24 ASU Hands #19 Vols First Loss, 3-1

VN News

A late Tennessee rally fell short in the opening game of a three-game series at No. 24 Arizona State on Friday night, as the Sun Devils handed the No. 19 Vols their first loss of the season.

More...

Discuss.

Well damn. We put up a good fight against a good team. Here's to hoping we can take the next one if not both!

Reactions: 1 person
Missed some opportunities to score with hitting not coming through in clutch situations. We sure did leave a lot of men on base, it seemed to me. That pickoff of the lead runner at second with no outs in the fifth really stung!

Maybe we can win tomorrow.:clapping:

Last edited:
Missed some opportunities to score with hitting not coming through in clutch situations. We sure did leave a lot of men on base, it seemed to me. That pickoff of the lead runner at second with no outs in the fifth really stung!

Maybe we can win tomorrow.:clapping:

Well, I've not mentioned this during the win streak, but stranded base runners have been our Achilles heel. (Even though it didn't affect W-L).

It will come together IMO. GBO!

Last edited:
only gave up 3 to asu, thats one encouraging thing. Seranno at least has opponents worried now. we're headed in the right direction

Can't win them all. Let's see how they respond. Long way from UT to ASU. Good night's sleep and come out hammering!:spank:
GO VOLS!

Good competitive game with good pitching. Go gettum Vols!

only gave up 3 to asu, thats one encouraging thing. Seranno at least has opponents worried now. we're headed in the right direction

Massive amounts of improvement between the last few years.

Massive amounts of improvement between the last few years.

No doubt. This game could have gone either way. We had opportunities. Seemed from that game at least that our talent level is on par with other top 25 programs. Just need to execute.

No doubt. This game could have gone either way. We had opportunities. Seemed from that game at least that our talent level is on par with other top 25 programs. Just need to execute.

Right now, I'm actually good with that. Next year, we will make a run at the title.

Which is what they did for game 2 and 3.

Game one a damn fluke because the vols 6-5 and 6-4 two come for behind wins in game two and three.
Vols invade Tempe leaving the sun devils with a bitter result.

VN Store

Back