2014 D1 Baseball Attendance - #3

Lead off single for the Explorers

oops wrong thread. lol

Last edited:
I wonder if that number adds up to LSU baseball being a revenue generating sport, break even or not?

Fairly certain baseball at LSU & South Carolina operates in the black. There may be more but I couldn't say for sure.

Keep in mind, Lady Vols draw more than most baseball teams and usually are in red.

I'm not arguing either but I've always heard that Miss St. "proved that college baseball can be profitable." I cannot tell you where I heard that but I feel like I've heard it multiple times, and its in reference to the Ron Polk days. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

Maybe a better question would be...How much fan support would UT's baseball team require to be profitable and what kind of expansion would be necessary if the support was there? If we were getting 4000+, which is roughly current capacity, would we be breaking even or better? 4000+ would put us around 10th avg./game. I believe we've hit close to 2500 this season and we haven't played a marquee team yet.

Of course this all mute if we're not winning a bunch of games. :)

Capacity is 4,283

Largest crowd is 5086, in 1995

Future phases of renovations include the construction of 16 luxury suites, a new press box tower, a left field entrance plaza, and expanded permanent seating on the left field side. The construction of these projects will begin once funding has been obtained through private leadership donations and MVP Field Level seat contributions.

VN Store

Back