Predictions

Big step forward into the middle of the pack of the SEC. Make it into the NCAA tourney.

We will be still young and question mark at QB, if we can go 6 and 6 and little bowl then I would take it, now if for some reason we get real good play at the QB then who knows maybe 8 wins, I still think it will be 2016 before we are back beating the elite week in week out. Basketball team 24-8Basball team 26-25 WOMEN BASKETBALL 30-4 Sofeball 18-4 Track and field eighth in the sec swimming team 4th

Last edited:
lol. This thread went in completely the opposite direction than what the op intended! I think we make the SEC Tournament. I'm ready for post season play.

After a year's experience and a year in the weight room, the Vols will be a better team at the 8 positions and they should hit the ball better this year and have a little more power. However, their pitching will still cause the Vols to struggle mightily in the SEC. They do not have anyone on the team who would be a weekend starting pitcher for any of the top 8-10 SEC schools. The pitching depth will be a little deeper but this is still the Achilles heel.

They have a better chance to get Hoover but not much more than that.

Well this thread turned out way more interesting than I thought it would lol. Thanks for the feedback though!

Team should be much improved over last 5-7 years. Talent is finally more SEC like do to current staff's work in recruiting. Pitching will be most improved compared to lat few seasons.

BBV4life14, I do agree the pitching staff will be deeper and more competitive than they have been in the past. However, they will not have a #1 better than they had last year and they still do not have anyone who would be a weekend starter for any of the top 8-10 teams in the SEC.

But, the pitching should be good enough to get this team to Hoover.

As others have mentioned, it's going to be all about the pitching. Though I really believe that the season after the one upcoming will be the most promising, I think we'll be much improved this year. The reason for this...offense. I think we will be a much better team at the plate.

I also think we'll be improved defensively, I just don't think Simcox will have as bad of a start in the field as he did last year. These guys should have a better chemistry this year as the bulk of the guys have now played a lot of ball together.

The big question is pitching. We kind of know what we have in Nick Williams, he should be at full health with a fresh arm this season. I feel good about Owenby and it's hard not to feel good about the young Serrano as well. Andrew Lee is another guy...he too should be healthy and his work in the summer and the fall on the hill was promising. Pitching depth is also improved this year.

The schedule is interesting, the first 15 games are at home.

Nebraska-Omaha (174), Purdue (205), Quinnipac (251), and LaSalle (219) all finished last season with dreadful RPI numbers. Appy State and UNLV will be decent tests and of course going to Tempe and facing a top 20 program like Arizona State will be a good measure of where the program is at.

We do have to go on the road and play SC, LSU, and MSU and playing Mizzou at their place in mid March probably won't be pleasant. On the other hand we get Vandy, Bama and UF at home as well as Auburn and UK.

I'm hoping we can get to 14-16, 15-15 or 16-14 in SEC play, I think 13 wins in SEC play would get us to Hoover, but it would be close. It's getting pretty tiresome of having to wait until the very last series of the year, so hopefully we won't be in the position of having to take 2 out of 3 from UF. That would mean we'd be at something like single digit wins going into the finale, I think the board would be in melt down long before that, so I hope that doesn't come to pass.:)

Can't wait for the season to get here! GBO!

Last season:

Vols
23-29 overall
9-19 SEC

I would like to see the Vols average 2 wins per weekend in SEC play but that's a little too heady. Our pitching will be better but we will still be searching for a #3 guy. Our midweek guys were actually pretty good.

Our offense and defense will be in the top third of conference.

Overall 35-20
SEC 15-15

This would be good for 7th or 8th in SEC. and 3rd or 4th in SEC-East

Our schedule is fairly tough. I think we only lose to one or two midweek in-state opponent as our offense will be tough on the instate schools.

Reactions: 1 person
BTW, UGA is an up and down program....WE NEED UGA to have two down seasons!

VN Store

Back