Vols Recruiting Class Ranked 14th Nationally

VN News

Welcoming 20 newcomers to Rocky Top this season, Tennessee baseball head coach Dave Serrano and his staff have landed the 14th-ranked recruiting class in the nation according to the Collegiate Baseball Newspaper.

More...

Discuss.

Reactions: 3 people
Of course if that were to translate into actually finishing sixth on the field then that would be quite an improvement

Yes, I regretted "sixth in the sec part" as soon as I typed it, but it is true.

Just to be clear. I think this is fantastic!

Yes, I regretted "sixth in the sec part" as soon as I typed it, but it is true.

Just to be clear. I think this is fantastic!

Make no mistake - when you are recruiting even with Ole Miss, LSU, and South Carolina in baseball - you are on the right track. Great class. Great work.

Reactions: 3 people
Nice, but as mentioned 6th in the SEC. Needs to be higher moving forward. I think Serrano will get it done

wow, it's much more civil on the baseball forum versus the football forum tonight. I think I might hang out here for a while a re-read baseball threads while all the meatheads ***** and moan.........

wow, it's much more civil on the baseball forum versus the football forum tonight. I think I might hang out here for a while a re-read baseball threads while all the meatheads ***** and moan.........

Welcome aboard. ShowmeVols will whine on occasion about the basebal program but he's a big fan so we overlook it.:good!:

Reactions: 1 person
Welcome aboard. ShowmeVols will whine on occasion about the basebal program but he's a big fan so we overlook it.:good!:

Hey, I wasn't whining . . . this time. I pointed out that the reason PG has us lower is they don't count JUCO's and transfers.

Don't want to scare anyone, but I'm having trouble mustering my usual pessimism this year.

Hey, I wasn't whining . . . this time. I pointed out that the reason PG has us lower is they don't count JUCO's and transfers.

Don't want to scare anyone, but I'm having trouble mustering my usual pessimism this year.

Some of the early quotes from CDS make it appear that he is having trouble mustering up much pessimism either

Does anyone know if TN is looking at any JUCO help for next year? I know Walter State always produces some strong talent and I hear Chattanooga State has one of the top JUCO lefty's in the state... and he is a local kid from Alcoa I believe. Any local high school talent that can help?

@KendallRogersPG: There's also at least one private school (not naming names) out there who has the luxury of getting a lot of BSB guys on scholarships.

Most of you that follow my post on here know my complete ad utter distain for candy and their recruiting advantage. Kendall Rogers getting into the mix which is great to see.

I never could understand how some schools could constantly have great classes when they have to divide scholarships into the same pieces as other schools. Then guessing on who will not sign contracts?

Baseball America's Recruiting Class - 2013

Recruiting Roundup: Notes From Around The Country - BaseballAmerica.com

Top 25 Recruiting Classes
1. Florida
2. Texas
3. South Carolina
4. Oklahoma State
5. Oregon State
6. Miami
7. Oregon
8. Mississippi
9. Mississippi State
10. Oklahoma
11. Nebraska
12. Cal State Fullerton
13. Auburn
14. Virginia
15. Tennessee
16. Clemson
17. Texas Christian
18. Florida State
19. Louisville
20. Vanderbilt
21. Georgia
22. Loyola Marymount
23. Tulane
24. Southern California
25. Kentucky

"Baseball America’s recruiting class rankings are based on many conversations with college coaches and pro scouts across the country this fall, as well as countless more calls during our Draft"

Nice! Listened to an interview with CDS today, seemed pretty up beat. Gonna try to make the Belmont scrimmage on Friday.

VN Store

Back