Changes to staff?

Kendall Rogers ‏@KendallRogersPG 48m
Have been informed that @Vol_Baseball asst/recruiting coordinator Bill Mosiello is leaving to pursue another coaching opportunity #Vols #SEC

Rucker says a couple of changes. Does his article say more changes than Mosiello?

Isn't he an excellent baseball guy? Atleast from everything I've heard. Wonder who's to step in his place.

Bill Moselio is going to TCU and Greg Wallis is leaving for a full time job at a small baseball school.

Didn't see the TCU thing coming.

I have about a thousand questions. :)

Just saw some of this info in the other thread. The UK guy would float my boat as well.

QUICK NOTES ON BOHANNON

* During his time as an assistant coach and recruiting coordinator, Bohannon has brought in the most talent in program history, as 53 total players have been drafted or signed a professional contract during his tenure, a school record.

* Has formed one of the top rosters in the nation in 2013, as UK ranked second in the NCAA with 15 drafted players on its roster, behind only Vanderbilt (18) and ahead of Florida and South Carolina (12).

* Nine of Bohannon's recruits spent the 2012 summer in the Cape Cod League or with the USA National Team, equaling the most in the NCAA.

* After a record-laden 2012 season, a total of nine UK standouts were picked in the MLB Draft, the most in program history and the second-most in the NCAA.

* His recruiting classes are annually ranked among the nation's best, including the top two in program history, No. 4 in 2008 and No. 6 in 2009, with the 2008 class featuring high school All-Americans Alex Meyer, Braden Kapteyn and Michael Williams, in addition to underrated eventual All-SEC outfielder Chad Wright.

* Recruited by Bohannon throughout high school, Meyer finished a distinguished three-year career as the No. 23 pick in the 2011 MLB Draft to the Washington Nationals, the second-highest draft pick in UK baseball history.

* Has had great success with junior college talent, including eventual first-team All-America junior college sluggers in Ryan Strieby (2006), Sean Coughlin (2007) and Sawyer Carroll (2008), in addition to leading hitters Lance Ray (2010), Thomas McCarthy (2011-12) and Zac Zellers (2012).

* Has geared his recruiting approach to finding position players with great speed, athleticism, competitiveness and baseball instincts, all tools that show up in his aggressive approach as UK's third base coach and outfield defense coordinator.

* Recruited the corp of a UK roster that helped UK go from a last-place finish in the league in 2005 to a first-place finish in 2006, with UK riding the talents of individuals like Strieby, Coughlin, Collin Cowgill, Antone DeJesus, Sean Lehmann and Ryan Wilkes to a historic turnaround.

* As the outfield defensive coordinator, Bohannon puts an emphasis on speed, athleticism and defensive instincts, with UK annually leading the league in outfield assists and putouts. In 2012, UK centerfielder Austin Cousino ranked second in the league with eight outfield assists, including throwing out three players at the plate. Cousino also set a new UK record for putouts by a UK outfielder, showcasing jaw-dropping defensive skills in centerfielder.

* Coached the UK infield from 2006-08, with UK excelling at infield defense and turning the double play. Wilkes, UK's shortstop and Shelby, the second baseman, formed a dynamic tandem in 2006 with Wilkes sliding over to second base in 2008 to accommodate shortstop Chris Wade.

* Comes from a great business background, owning a M.B.A. from Wake Forrest in business administration and a finance degree from Berry College. Also played collegiately at Wake Forest, Vanderbilt and Berry College, and is married to the former Kim Traylor.

Bohannon's Last Seven Recruiting Class Rankings
2006: No. 21
2007: No. 31
2008: No. 4
2009: No. 6
2010: No. 16
2011: No. 25
2012: No. 11

Some good quick points from the UK website on Bohannon. Hope the ad is ready to open the pocketbook. Seems as if every other SEC team is willing to.

Reactions: 1 person
Does anybody know the story here? Was this a mutual parting of the ways? Did Coach Mo have ties to TCU, he's always moved around a lot, is that all there is to this?

The Bohannon fella, why would he leave UK for UT, seems like a lateral move?

Just a couple to get started. :)

I don't know how it went down. All I know is I've heard nothing but good about Moselio. I know he's good at what he does. And I'm gonna miss his frequent segments on the local sports animal.

Again, I don't know what happened or how. All I know is we better bring someone in who's legit.

Does anybody know the story here? Was this a mutual parting of the ways? Did Coach Mo have ties to TCU, he's always moved around a lot, is that all there is to this?

The Bohannon fella, why would he leave UK for UT, seems like a lateral move?

Just a couple to get started. :)

Imo Mo leaving tells me one of two things.

He felt he wasn't the guy to get this thing turned around

Or

He felt DS wasn't going to get it done here.

Taking a job that was just vacated by a coach coming to the SEC is somewhat of a red flag IMO.

Love Coach Mo but the man certainly moves around and often due to his own frustration more than anything.

The man is very tough and to be honest, a lot of the players that last 2-seasons have not.

Love Coach Mo but the man certainly moves around and often due to his own frustration more than anything.

The man is very tough and to be honest, a lot of the players that he recruited thelast 2-seasons have not panned out..
A little help here?

The man is very tough and to be honest, a lot of the players that last 2-seasons have not.

The first point is very true. Coach Mo never stays in one place very long. It jut his track record. He is a great coach but recruiting coordinator is a busy life and hard one. I can easily see him getting tired of it. Coach Mo has a young son and I would imagine he didn't want to split up those duties anymore either. Great wonderful Christian man. Wish nothing but te best, but am excited to see who CDS brings in.

Farragut just lost one of their top two pitchers for next year. Bill's son, Shane is a very talented left handed pitcher who should be a D1 prospect in the class of 2015.

Needs to put on some weight and strength but has a good frame and an ability to pitch.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back