Nick Senzel switches to Tennessee

Wonder why the kid didn't commit to UT previously? Not everyone wants to go to UT, but I guess he felt like he needed to keep the Delmonico/Farragut pipeline to UGA going.

Still a good player to get.

I am surprised they did not restrict him from going to SEC school.

They could not, since he had not enrolled at UGA.

When a player is released from their National Letter of Intent, it's a yes/no release. The school you signed with either releases you entirely or not at all.

When a player has actually enrolled at a school, that is where the school can restrict a transfer to a specific school.

I know I'm regarded as a habitual pessimist on this site, and there's some truth to that. But people who think it's a done deal we're going back to the CWS soon are seriously underestimating the difficulty of the task. With Auburn hiring Sunny Galloway away from Oklahoma, there are now nine SEC coaches who have led teams to Omaha and that's not counting those who have gone as assistants.

Also, although there are only eleven coaches who have led two different schools to the CWS, there are only three who have led three schools to Omaha.

Having been to the CWS is not a guarantee of going back. It has almost become a minimum qualification to land an SEC job. Of the last four SEC hires, the only one not to have gone to Omaha as a head coach was Holbrook.

All this talk of Omaha seems to ignore how far down we really are.

Our RPI was 123 this year. We were 120 behind Vanderbilt, and more than 25 behind Belmont, ETSU, Memphis, MTSU, and Tennessee Tech. We're the seventh best program in our state, and you people are talking about Omaha?

Nobody on our 2013 team has ever been to Hoover, nobody on this team ever played with anyone who went to Hoover. Aside from the coaches, there is no institutional memory of any postseason play at all.

There's nothing automatic about our return to pre-eminence. The only thing we know for sure is it will take a lot of patience.

Please, either stop with the crazy talk or at least share whatever you're drinking.

I know I'm regarded as a habitual pessimist on this site, and there's some truth to that. But people who think it's a done deal we're going back to the CWS soon are seriously underestimating the difficulty of the task. With Auburn hiring Sunny Galloway away from Oklahoma, there are now nine SEC coaches who have led teams to Omaha and that's not counting those who have gone as assistants.

Also, although there are only eleven coaches who have led two different schools to the CWS, there are only three who have led three schools to Omaha.

Having been to the CWS is not a guarantee of going back. It has almost become a minimum qualification to land an SEC job. Of the last four SEC hires, the only one not to have gone to Omaha as a head coach was Holbrook.

Our RPI was 123 this year. We were 120 behind Vanderbilt, and more than 25 behind Belmont, ETSU, Memphis, MTSU, and Tennessee Tech. We're the seventh best program in our state, and you people are talking about Omaha?

Nobody on our 2013 team has ever been to Hoover, nobody on this team ever played with anyone who went to Hoover. Aside from the coaches, there is no institutional memory of any postseason play at all.

There's nothing automatic about our return to pre-eminence. The only thing we know for sure is it will take a lot of patience.

Please, either stop with the crazy talk or at least share whatever you're drinking.

AAAWWWWW SHHUUUTT UUUUUUPPPP!!:machgun:

Hey, I'm not the one who turned an upbeat thread about landing a recruit another SEC school actually wanted at one time into an insane asylum. I was quite content to enjoy the news in silence until everyone got carried away.

Well, try to suffer in silence on this one!! This is as close to a BIG post season WIN as we get this year!

I don't think anything you wrote is wrong or even pessimistic. I think it's fine to be optimistic with realistic expectations.

This team lost a ton of 1 run games. First step, learn how to win. We haven't done that yet. Next step comes Hoover.

Personally, I think we need another recruiting class or two, before even discussing Omaha. In between Hoover and Omaha there are regionals and super regionals.

I'm optimistic that we might have enough talent to get to Hoover next season, but we have to learn to take care of business at home.

well lets pack it up and sell off Lindsey Nelson. no use in trying to get to omaha now.

I am optimistic--but over a longer time frame than most of my friends here.

Like I said, there's nothing wrong with that. I've come to grips with it. It's going to take a while and if it doesn't... all the better.

I'm still watching these guys play, looking forward to seeing what Serrano and Youngblood can do as well. With the guys all spread out and having to fight for playing time, it's easy to see who the winners are and we need a whole roster of those and we don't have that yet IMO.

I am optimistic--but over a longer time frame than most of my friends here.

I don't think anyone thinks we're going next year or anything like that. But your opinion of us possibly not going is valid, but none more than an opinion that we will go.

Give Showme a break. He's a big UT fan but one that always expects the worst thinking he will not be as disappointed if the Vols lose. We all want the same thing......a winning program!!

Thanks, Backward K. You understand perfectly.

I wasn't being smart. But it's almost as if you are slamming anyone who thinks he's gonna turn the program around. It's gonna take time, but I think he's gonna do it. That doesn't make me naive or flat foot out of my mind crazy.

VN Store

Back