MLB Draft

Gentleman Jack

Does anyone have a breakdown on the draft and possible signees that will jump and go pro? I know the obvious one everybody has their eye on is Kyle Serrano, but who else may be picked? Also, when do they have to sign by if they are drafted? I know last year the staff felt good about a couple of pitchers and a big hitter but they ended up going pro. I think this past season would have been a lot different if those guys had come to Knoxville. Thanks in advance for any info and Go Vols!

Keith Law has the Yanks taking Serrano @ 33. They could throw enough $$ to make him sign

that doesnt happen much now that there are big penalties for going over budget.

I agree to some degree but paying over slot doesn't come with a penalty in the first round. It only effects the organizations ability to sign their other top 10 round picks. The penalties are found after the 10th round.

If my White Sox screw with my Vols, I'm never going to forgive them.

Meh, unless Sale is pitching it is not like they really give you much to watch anyways

They draft at #17 I believe which is likely borderline for Serrano to consider. They would not have to venture outside slot too far to sign.

All their farm teams are close except one advanced rookie league team in Montana.

Sales was a great pick and I hope they stick with college guys. :angel:

Three big local prep pitchers rated highly

Serrano at Farragut (Tennessee commit)
Crowe at Pigeon Forge (South Carolina commit)
Clifton at Heritage (Kentucky Commit)

Serrano rated highest. Clifton throws the hardest. All three will go by end of the night barring major surprises.

Sheffield at Tullahoma (Vanderbilt commit) may go tonight or tomrorow.

VN Store

Back