Dave Perno gone

fryeguy93

Rufus X. Sarsaparilli
No surprise that UGA pulled trigger after back to back tough seasons. Perno had 12-seasons with a national runner up finish.

Program had never been consistent.

With the new TV money, UGA will likely open the purse more than before for replacement and facilities.

Kendall Rogers seems to think Craig Gibson(Mercer) is at the top of the list to replace perno. It will be interesting to follow this search. PRIMO job!!! For our sake we need this hire to a poor one!

Last edited:
Perno never could recognize talent and even when he got good players, he did not get the most out of them. Also had way too much trouble with off-field incidents. Mercer Coach would be a good fit.

I have never understood why UGA had had such sub par facilities. The arena is bad even with renovations. I'm not sure if this has changed but no permanent indoor practice facility. The baseball stadium is ok but the practice facilities are lacking.

Coaching is important but since few kids get a full scholarship; they want extras and Georgia is lacking. The school will have to show a commitment before they find consistent success.

I have never understood why UGA had had such sub par facilities. The arena is bad even with renovations. I'm not sure if this has changed but no permanent indoor practice facility. The baseball stadium is ok but the practice facilities are lacking.

Coaching is important but since few kids get a full scholarship; they want extras and Georgia is lacking. The school will have to show a commitment before they find consistent success.

I think the incredible advantage Georgia has with the talent rich backyard along with the hope scholarship more than makes up for any facility issues they have. Improving facilities is always nice but IMO that job is an Elite job even without them. No excuse for not winning big there in my mind.

Reactions: 1 person
Kendall Rogers reporting that scott strickland is the hire here.

Very bad news for the vols IMO. The road to respectability just got considerably harder. Strickland is a stud!

Kendall Rogers says no. Apparently he may get the HC job at Kent or another place.

Georgia sure did pony up. 600k is the salary. Bigtime commitment!!

Similar to UT. With all the new TV revenue. It's easy to make a splash hire in midlevel sports like baseball. The UGA AD know the demographics should be in his school's favor and needs a quality coach to turn the tide.

Similar to UT. With all the new TV revenue. It's easy to make a splash hire in midlevel sports like baseball. The UGA AD know the demographics should be in his school's favor and needs a quality coach to turn the tide.

Wasn't DS in the 350k range?

Former UT pitching coach Fred Corral is back in the SEC as new pitching coach at Georgia.

You beat me to it.

If the strickland hire wasn't a home run already it certainly is now.

We are dangerously close to having an Insurmountable hill to climb.

Last edited:
You beat me to it.

If the strickland hire wasn't a home run already it certainly is now.

We are dangerously close to having an Insurmountable hill to climb.

Yeah. Huge get for UGA. Serrano said several times this year how he wants more toughness from his pitchers. Corral makes his pitchers get in touch with their inner tough guy.

Fred Corral is a first class guy and a top notch pitching coach. All of his players respect him and he makes them better pitchers. Glad to see him getting this opportunity.

Fred Corral is a first class guy and a top notch pitching coach. All of his players respect him and he makes them better pitchers. Glad to see him getting this opportunity.

thanks.. I was heading over here to ask your fan's opinion of Fred since he has been at tennessee 2 different times.

thanks.. I was heading over here to ask your fan's opinion of Fred since he has been at tennessee 2 different times.

Fred was more qualified to be our head coach than Todd Raleigh.

Halfway through Fred's last season, it was obvious that he was on outs as he missed a lot of games "recruiting" as Todd was working with our pitchers. I'm sure it was no coincidence the pitching got worse.

Contrary to many people's opinion; todd hire a "Yes Man:" the next season to coach pitchers.

The only pitching coach that was ever better at UT was Dave Serranno and to be honest; they are pretty close.

Fred Corral is also a helluva a human being and humanitarian who deserved far more than he got at UTK!

Reactions: 2 people
Fred was more qualified to be our head coach than Todd Raleigh.

Halfway through Fred's last season, it was obvious that he was on outs as he missed a lot of games "recruiting" as Todd was working with our pitchers. I'm sure it was no coincidence the pitching got worse.

Contrary to many people's opinion; todd hire a "Yes Man:" the next season to coach pitchers.

The only pitching coach that was ever better at UT was Dave Serranno and to be honest; they are pretty close.

Fred Corral is also a helluva a human being and humanitarian who deserved far more than he got at UTK!

Thank you very much.

VN Store

Back