The Remaining Games And The Road To Hoover

vol66

GBO!!!
Staff member
OVER!

All that is left to play for is to equal the 8 SEC wins they got last year.

GBO!

Oh...and one more thing. I think this quote pertains particularly well for this baseball team. I'd love to put the audio here, but i'd probably get the ban.

Earl Weaver...

Tom Moore: "Bill Whitehouse from Frederick, Maryland wants to know why you and the Orioles don't go out and get some more team speed?"

Earl Weaver: "Team speed for chrissakes, you get f****n' goddarn little fleas on the f*****n' bases, getting picked off, tryin' to steal, gettin' thrown out, takin' runs away from you, get them big c***suckers that can hit the f*****n' ball out the ballpark and ya can't make any goddarn mistakes."

cleaned up:)

Last edited:
Who's knows with this team could ah well and win 6 could get blown out repeatedly hope for the former

Young, unconfident teams are streaky teams. We appear to be in one of the negative streaks right now.

Arkansas is rounding into a very good team right now. aTm is playing below their talent level. Florida after a horrible start is getting better.

I just see that final weekend scenario coming into play yet again and getting a sick feeling in my stomach.

Hope Vols make it, but odds against this young bunch. Still, I'll be in Hoover for this SEC baseball tournament...wearing my BIG ORANGE! Best "bang for your buck" in sports, & the Vols will return there on a regular basis ere long.

Maybe.

If we tie Mizzou for 12th, we hold the two-team tie breaker.

If Kentucky continues its collapse, we'd also beat them in a two-way.

But if we get in a three-way tie or another scenario where they start comparing how teams did against the highest seeded common opponents, we aren't positioned well for that battle--though we could be if we avoid a sweep at Arkansas.

Take 2 of 3 from UGA and find 3 wins in the other 3 series (2 might get you there).

All Vol fans should be rooting for an Auburn sweep this weekend over Missouri.

Take 2 of 3 from UGA and find 3 wins in the other 3 series (2 might get you there).

I have a stange feeling Ga is About to show some life. Their team may rally around their coach a little. He made some headlines last week and it appears it sparked them a little with a win over vandy and then a beat down over Ga tech.

Too early to guess what outcome would best help us.

An Auburn sweep gets them to 9 wins and probably puts them out of our reach, meaning we have to beat Mizzou down the stretch.

A 2-1 Mizzou series win puts both Auburn and Mizzou at 7 wins and we could get to Hoover by finishing ahead of either one of them.

Who knows which will prove better for us?

I'm just going to root for the Vols and not worry too much about end game scenarios until the math gets simpler.

Think this weekend could be more interesting than most people anticipate. This has been a fairly good road team in SEC play with the only sweep being at vanderbilt where we played pretty well and hung in there with one of the top teams in college baseball.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Too early to guess what outcome would best help us.

An Auburn sweep gets them to 9 wins and probably puts them out of our reach, meaning we have to beat Mizzou down the stretch.

A 2-1 Mizzou series win puts both Auburn and Mizzou at 7 wins and we could get to Hoover by finishing ahead of either one of them.

Who knows which will prove better for us?

I'm just going to root for the Vols and not worry too much about end game scenarios until the math gets simpler.

Showme, I'm taking the approach of picking two teams (UGA & Missouri) hoping they collapse. 12th place gets UT to Hoover.

Remaining Games for UT, Mizzou, UGA and Auburn...

Tennessee 5-13

at Florida
vs. Georgia
at Arkansas
vs. Texas A&M

Missouri 5-13

vs. Auburn
at Texas A&M
at Alabama
vs. Kentucky

Georgia 4-14

vs. Arkansas
at Tennessee
at South Carolina
vs. Florida

Auburn 6-12

at Missouri
vs. Ole Miss
at Florida
vs. Arkansas

I think Mizzou has the easiest schedule as UK has kind of fallen off a bit.

Georgia's remaining schedule, besides us, is pretty brutal.

Auburn, after this weekend has a rough road...the Auburn/Mizzou series this weekend is important for us, we don't need for Mizzou to win that series.

We need to not get swept at UF. We need to take care of business and win the series with UGA, a sweep would be a plus, just don't see it happening. We need to avoid getting swept at Arky, and by the time A&M comes around hopefully it will be decided, but I have a feeling we might be playing for our Hoover lives on the last weekend of the season.

Any thoughts?

What place do we have to finish to get into Hoover?

We are playing a far better Gators team than what was shown before division games.
Taking it one series at a time they must win two out of three vs the Gators, going to need momentum to get in.

We are playing a far better Gators team than what was shown before division games.
Taking it one series at a time they must win two out of three vs the Gators, going to need momentum to get in.

Top 12 make it

The top 12 teams go. As of right now, we are tied with Mizzou, but we'd get the 12th spot because we won the head to head series with them. Mizzou has a far easier schedule this weekend, I don't know if we can win two, but certainly avoiding a sweep would be huge.

The top 12 teams go. As of right now, we are tied with Mizzou, but we'd get the 12th spot because we won the head to head series with them. Mizzou has a far easier schedule this weekend, I don't know if we can win two, but certainly avoiding a sweep would be huge.

And they did a comeback win for the Vols in game to beat the Gators 4-2 avoiding a 2nd straight weekend of a sweep.

The Missouri Tigers lead the Auburn Tigers 4-1 in the bottom of the 4th. Three runs for the Missouri Tigers in the bottom of the 4th.

I';m sure the Missouri/Auburn game is 7 innings as well. Not much time for Auburn to make up 3-runs. Mizzou looks like they sweep.

It's likely good that one or the other sweeps. Better Auburn but I'll take what we can get.

Reactions: 1 person
I';m sure the Missouri/Auburn game is 7 innings as well. Not much time for Auburn to make up 3-runs. Mizzou looks like they sweep.

It's likely good that one or the other sweeps. Better Auburn but I'll take what we can get.

Agreed. It would have been nice for Missouri to be the team getting swept but it changed with the first game. This series needed to be a sweep one way or the other.

Auburn won the first game of the series on Friday, Mizzou won the make up game to day, and is leading in the finale 4-1 with just 1 more at bat for AU.

VN Store

Back