Walk-Off HBP Gives Vols 5-4 Win Over WKU

VN News

Trailing by one entering the bottom of the 10th inning, a successful safety squeeze by Taylor Smart and a walk-off hit-by-pitch to Christin Stewart gave Tennessee a 5-4 win over Western Kentucky.

More...

Discuss.

Reactions: 1 person
Huge win, but Manis has to get that bunt down. That's a character AB right there. He has to step up. That has to be our identity. Also, I love that everyone in America knows we are bunting Smart with runners on first and third, and they still can't defend it. Obviously this wasn't the prettiest way to win, but we'll take it and hopefully carry some momentum into Tuscaloosa.

Most of the time Manis does get his bunt down. He deserves more credit than is given to him. Good to see Bennett back behind the plate tonight. He has a good eye at the plate. Also good to see Wormsley doing well! Something to be said for those veteran players!

Most of the time Manis does get his bunt down. He deserves more credit than is given to him. Good to see Bennett back behind the plate tonight. He has a good eye at the plate. Also good to see Wormsley doing well! Something to be said for those veteran players!

Yea, I'm not trying to throw anyone under the bus, but even most of the time is better than 0/3. That was a mental lapse, as are almost all missed bunts. He'll be fine but that has to be a point of pride for this program, and really has been during the Serrano era.

I was a big fan of Jordan Wormsley at Vandy and thought he should have played way more when he was there. Parker seems to be a similar kind of player and I have been a fan since day one. Excited to see him taking advantage of opportunities. I hope he keeps playing.

It's a comeback W the hard way. Love it. Got to win games like this to build confidence for the long haul.

Unbelievable stat that Tennessee has 8 straight games of multiple HBPs! Hard to imagine that but hats off to that kind of toughness!

It took them multiple times but this time they didn't have another close but no cigar for a comeback.
The team has momentum, has shown they can win in blowouts, and recently shown they can win by coming back late in a game.

Great comeback win! I couldn't believe three Vols got picked off in one game. I don't ever remember that happening before.
GO VOLS!

VN Store

Back