#20 ASU Tops Tennessee in Series Finale, 5-1

VN News

A pair of two-run home runs proved too much for Tennessee to overcome on Sunday as No. 20 Arizona State claiemd the series finale at Lindsey Nelson Stadium, 5-1.

More...

Discuss.

Frustrating game and series. ASU is a bad defensive team and we simply made it too easy on them much of the time by hitting fly balls.

BTW,

Even though the Vols are 2-5. They have actually outscored their opponents on the season 35-32

This week.

Vols play 6-1 ETSU Tuesday

ETSU lost season opener to Penn State then beat them twice and have beat Wofford and swept 3 from Seton Hall (all in Johnson City)

Then Friday night against Notre Dame who is 5-1 including a sweep at Tulane over the weekend. Irish went 2-1 opening weekend in Florida beating Ohio State and Fla Gulf Coast before losing to Mercer.

Saturday the Vols play UMass who has not yet played a game.

Sunday the Vols close the Cary, NC tournament again VaTech who is 5-1 going into today's game again Delaware.

So, the schedule is not getting easier. All the teams the vols are playing are above .500 and have played a decent schedule.

Tell the coach to recruit more than east tn....a lot of talent in middle tn

2 bad pitches lost this one for them, or just a late pitching change...Either way they still had the tying run at the plate in the 9th, this is a good but very young team that will be impressive by the end of the year.

BTW,

Even though the Vols are 2-5. They have actually outscored their opponents on the season 35-32

This week.

Vols play 6-1 ETSU Tuesday

ETSU lost season opener to Penn State then beat them twice and have beat Wofford and swept 3 from Seton Hall (all in Johnson City)

Then Friday night against Notre Dame who is 5-1 including a sweep at Tulane over the weekend. Irish went 2-1 opening weekend in Florida beating Ohio State and Fla Gulf Coast before losing to Mercer.

Saturday the Vols play UMass who has not yet played a game.

Sunday the Vols close the Cary, NC tournament again VaTech who is 5-1 going into today's game again Delaware.

So, the schedule is not getting easier. All the teams the vols are playing are above .500 and have played a decent schedule.

Wow. Just wow. This is going to be exciting. I had no idea ND was any good. Florida Gulf Coast swept UF this weekend at their place, so its obviously some kind of statement to have beaten them.

This team better have a short memory all year. No doubt they're going to need it. They really look hungry right now. Hopefully the lack of wins doesn't knock that and they can maintain this attitude throughout the year.

2 bad pitches lost this one for them, or just a late pitching change...Either way they still had the tying run at the plate in the 9th, this is a good but very young team that will be impressive by the end of the year.

Agree wholeheartedly. They are starting a ton of freshman and have a lot of fr. on the mound. Tough to compete in SEC with that, but future looks bright.

I believe it gets turned around this week. (this weekend anyway) If we beat Notre Dame we should be in good shape the rest of the weekend. A 4-game winning streak would get us to 6-5

I believe it gets turned around this week. (this weekend anyway) If we beat Notre Dame we should be in good shape the rest of the weekend. A 4-game winning streak would get us to 6-5

Baseball America has Notre Dame at 22, Va. Tech at 25. If we go to a neutral sight and win both of those games, we would really shock some people. BA doesn't have Arizona State ranked (though they're right outside), so according to the people I consider the best in the business we are facing a tougher weekend than this past weekend. Its real hard to imagine sweeping the week. I really hope we do, but it will not be easy.

Hope you're right, but our first win streak may have to wait for Alcorn State. I worry that too many people are too excited too early based on too little on-field performance.

The best news so far this year is that Mizzou, Florida, and Georgia look like they're chipping in to buy us a ticket to Hoover.

Hope you're right, but our first win streak may have to wait for Alcorn State. I worry that too many people are too excited too early based on too little on-field performance.

The best news so far this year is that Mizzou, Florida, and Georgia look like they're chipping in to buy us a ticket to Hoover.

With 12 of the 14 teams going to Hoover this year, we really should be able to make it into the Tuesday single elimination games

With 12 of the 14 teams going to Hoover this year, we really should be able to make it into the Tuesday single elimination games

Missouri is certainly a team that will not make it. Anybody know who doesn't play them in the regular season. That would be like starting the season with at least 1 and more than likely 2 games spotted to the field. They are awful.

Missouri is certainly a team that will not make it. Anybody know who doesn't play them in the regular season. That would be like starting the season with at least 1 and more than likely 2 games spotted to the field. They are awful.

Awful is a nice way of putting it, I'm not so sure they even belong in division 1 the way they are playing. They play:

1. South Carolina
2. Tennessee
3. LSU
4. Georgia
5. Vanderbilt
6. Florida
7. Auburn
8. Texas A&M
9. Alabama
10. Kentucky

So it looks like they don't play Arkansas, Mississippi State, and Ole Miss.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Awful is a nice way of putting it, I'm not so sure they even belong in division 1 the way they are playing. They play:

1. South Carolina
2. Tennessee
3. LSU
4. Georgia
5. Vanderbilt
6. Florida
7. Auburn
8. Texas A&M
9. Alabama
10. Kentucky

So it looks like they don't play Arkansas, Mississippi State, and Ole Miss.

Those are 3 teams that would make Hoover regardless so that's doesnt help us IMO. It would have been better if Georgia or auburn had been the teams not getting that gimmee series.

Those are 3 teams that would make Hoover regardless so that's doesnt help us IMO. It would have been better if Georgia or auburn had been the teams not getting that gimmee series.

Yep, I agree. I do like how the Georgia series is later in the series for us. Also saw some of the MTSU Auburn game and was not real impressed. Maybe should make it was a bit strong, but I do think we have a legitimate shot.

Yep, I agree. I do like how the Georgia series is later in the series for us. Also saw some of the MTSU Auburn game and was not real impressed. Maybe should make it was a bit strong, but I do think we have a legitimate shot.

Auburn and Georgia both will be in the 10-13 range along with us IMO. Not sure who the other team will be in that grouping of 4. Florida will be just fine IMO.

Auburn and Georgia both will be in the 10-13 range along with us IMO. Not sure who the other team will be in that grouping of 4. Florida will be just fine IMO.

Agreed, I think some are making too much of a deal of Florida's early season struggles. It will be viewed as nothing more than an aberration by the end of the season.

VN Store

Back