Arizona St.: 22 Tennessee: UNR
Baseball America
Arizona St.: UNR Tennessee: UNR
USA Today Coaches Poll
Arizona State: 20 Tennessee: UNR

Arizona St First weekend notes

Opened up with a 3 game home series against Bethune Cookman

Won the first 2 by 5-4 in 11 and 15-7, then dropped the last game 7-6

Trevor Williams (Preseason Spike Award watchlist) started the series on the mound and went 5 innnings with 4 hits, 4 strikeouts and 2 earned runs

Adam McCreery had a rough first outing on the mound giving up 6 runs in three innings, he did however have 5 strikeouts. Freshman LHP Ryan Kellog came on in relief and pitched a strong 4 innings allowing 3 hits and racking up 4 strikeouts.

In the final game of the series sophomore RHP Darin Giles got lit up for 5 runs in his one inning of work. The bullpen had a good game though holding Bethune Cookman to just 2 runs in 8 innings of work.

The lineup for Arizona State pretty much remained the same throughout the series with the main exception being that it appears they have 4 outfielders that they like to rotate around.

Casey Koffman, batting second, was there most consistent hitter of the weekend going 7-12

Leadoff hitter Michael Benjamin struck out way more than you would like to see a leadoff hitter strikeout (7 times)

I'm hoping for a good series to jump start this season :hi:

Saw that. Good start to the season for them, taking 2 of 3 from UGA and then beating Florida tonight.

Uga is 1-3 after losing to kennesaw state on Wednesday. They have a 3 game series against Belmont this weekend. The seat is very hot for that staff and Belmont is plenty good enough to make it much hotter.

so for those who seem to know, you think UT does anything under this coach? underwhelming thus far, and huge turnover in players. I'm a fan, just want a perspective from someone who has more knowledge than me, which will not take much

so for those who seem to know, you think UT does anything under this coach? underwhelming thus far, and huge turnover in players. I'm a fan, just want a perspective from someone who has more knowledge than me, which will not take much

Good times ahead but it won't be this year IMO

Is anyone planning on going to any of these games this weekend? I plan on going Friday and Sunday.

I'll make the Sunday game, and hopefully the Friday one as well though will probably be a bit late with the first pitch being at 5

Have to tip my hat to godley so far, going toe to toe with williams who was a 2nd team all american last year and Golden spikes award preseason watch list player this year.

Not exactly sure. Ended up not being able to make it and just watched the 4th-9th inning online. Camera never really showed the stands.

Thanks. I am curious to hear the attendence. Can't access the box on my phone to see what kind of support was there

Still have to give Godley credit tonight. That three run homer hurt, but 7 innings, 4 hits, and 9 strikeouts is certainly nothing to frown about.

The series is now tied 1-1. A day after getting shutout in game one the Volunteers steamrolled the Sun Devils 11-2 ending the long losing streak.

Owenby produced 4 shutout innings, and the Vols scored in 5 of 8 innings that included scoring 5 in the 5th.
The Sun Devils didn't resemble the 20th ranked team at all today.

VN Store

Back