2139 users online now!    CONTACT US | ADVERTISE | REGISTER       

About this Page -- This is a discussion on Baseball stadium upgrade in the future?. within the forum Tennessee Vols Baseball. Now that we have a great coach, do you think our baseball facilities will be upgraded? ...

Go Back   VolNation > Tennessee Vols Forums > Tennessee Vols Baseball

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-29-2012, 09:45 AM   #1 (permalink)

Baseball stadium upgrade in the future?

Now that we have a great coach, do you think our baseball facilities will be upgraded?
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 11-29-2012, 10:06 AM   #2 (permalink)
Vomit Free Since 93

They just were in the past 2-3 years and currently is one of the best baseball facilities in the country.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 11-29-2012, 10:18 AM   #3 (permalink)
hep
-----

Yeah just as soon as the Cadillac from hertz arrives with the money.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 11-29-2012, 10:32 AM   #4 (permalink)

Our athletic department iss so far in the red that most of Volnation was worried we couldn't financially afford to fire CDD. And you're asking if we're gonna throw money toward upgrading baseball facilities?
VN Likes: 1
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 11-29-2012, 10:43 AM   #5 (permalink)
Daily Beacon Mockingbird

Our stadium is nice, but not sure it can be considered one of the best, even for just the SEC. UT currently does not really have a great fan base compared to some other SEC programs for baseball right now, which shows in the stadium size. I think only UK, UGA, and Vandy have smaller stadiums. They just finished two phases with the stadium and have another phase in the plans that includes the construction of some luxury suites, a new press box tower, and some more smaller things.

SEC West has amazing stadiums.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voldemonium View Post
Our athletic department iss so far in the red that most of Volnation was worried we couldn't financially afford to fire CDD. And you're asking if we're gonna throw money toward upgrading baseball facilities?
Well technically, the AD having financial problems really does not effect the facilities. For example, the recent renovations to the stadium used no university funds or taxpayer subsidies.

Last edited by bigeasy; 11-29-2012 at 10:49 AM..
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 11-29-2012, 10:53 AM   #6 (permalink)
Vomit Free Since 93

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeasy View Post
Our stadium is nice, but not sure it can be considered one of the best, even for just the SEC. UT currently does not really have a great fan base compared to some other SEC programs for baseball right now, which shows in the stadium size. I think only UK, UGA, and Vandy have smaller stadiums. They just finished two phases with the stadium and have another phase in the plans that includes the construction of some luxury suites, a new press box tower, and some more smaller things.

Well technically, the AD having financial problems really does not effect the facilities. For example, the recent renovations to the stadium used no university funds or taxpayer subsidies.
Stadium size wise, it may not be top, but looking at total facilities from weight rooms, batting cages, offices, etc, it is one of the best.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 11-29-2012, 11:01 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeasy View Post

I'm not sure on the specifics. The upgrades may not have used "university funds" but didn't the AD basically take out loans for many of the facility projects. I can't remember where I heard it but someone (Hyams/Hubbs) mentioned that UT is servicing something like $200 million dollars worth of debt.

I was at UT in the 90's so I saw some decent baseball years. I'm just not convinced UT baseball has the fanbase that LSU, Miss, ATM etc have. Those schools tailgate and party at baseball games. There's rarely more than 1k at UT games. For SECW schools baseball games are an event to plan your weekend around. For most Vols fans, it's something to do on a free day if the weather is nice, when all your other plans go south.

Last edited by Voldemonium; 11-29-2012 at 11:25 AM..
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 11-29-2012, 11:13 AM   #8 (permalink)

That's what I'm saying. Private donors now that we have a good coach.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 11-29-2012, 11:15 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hep View Post
Yeah just as soon as the Cadillac from hertz arrives with the money.
The caddy was reserved and was meant for TAC air. It was never picked up. And just as Hyams reported the meeting yesterday was cancelled. So it only makes sense that the caddy would still be there
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 11-29-2012, 01:11 PM   #10 (permalink)
I'm a Brit, DEAL WITH IT.

We need more fans in the stands consistently I think, before we start upgrading.
Reply With Quote TOP