2984 users online now!    CONTACT US | ADVERTISE | REGISTER       

About this Page -- This is a discussion on Baseball Recruiting Class Ranked No. 20 Page 3. within the forum Tennessee Vols Baseball. Originally Posted by BruinVol Corbin era Let me help you!!! 14 programs have been to omaha 3 or more times ...

Go Back   VolNation > Tennessee Vols Forums > Tennessee Vols Baseball

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-30-2012, 12:36 PM   #31 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinVol View Post
Corbin era

Let me help you!!!

14 programs have been to omaha 3 or more times since Corbin has taken over. Georgia is one of those teams and I doubt anybody here is going to claim they are elite. 8 teams have been there 5 times in that timeframe.

Rice, Texas, Stanford, South Carolina, North Carolina, Miami, LSU, and Fullerton. Those are elite programs!!!!

Certainly candy doesn't belong in a group that has been 5 times to Omaha unless winning when it doesn't matter earns in the regular season earns elite status.
If RESULTS in the postseason is the only thing that matters to you then you would be right but winning in the postseason is not the only requirement to being elite or else teams like Georgia would be in there.

I am hoping you are smarter than this
Nashvegas is offline   Reply With Quote TOP
Old 10-30-2012, 12:55 PM   #32 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nashvegas View Post
If RESULTS in the postseason is the only thing that matters to you then you would be right but winning in the postseason is not the only requirement to being elite or else teams like Georgia would be in there.

I am hoping you are smarter than this
Ever considered winning both in the regular season AND postseason is a prerequisite for being considered as an elite program?

I listed my 8 elite programs. Surely your smart enough to either list your group of elite programs or argue why your underachieving program deserves the same distinction as those 8 programs??????
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 10-30-2012, 01:54 PM   #33 (permalink)

Quote:
Still waiting on your list of elite programs?????

Very excited to see if Missouri state, Stoney brook, Louisiana Lafayette, kent state, and all the other one trip to Omaha programs are on your list!!!!!
Are MO Sate, SB, and ULL finishing with top 5 recruiting classes?

Read my other post in the other thread. I'm not hear to fight and argue. I'm trying be cordial with you guys.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 10-30-2012, 02:01 PM   #34 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by StallingsBaldSpot View Post
Are MO Sate, SB, and ULL finishing with top 5 recruiting classes?

Read my other post in the other thread. I'm not hear to fight and argue. I'm trying be cordial with you guys.
Vandy is elite in recruiting and developing great talent but as I have stated that doesn't make you an elite program because the results are missing.

I didn't go to Belmont. Bruin is a high school mascot deal.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 10-30-2012, 02:08 PM   #35 (permalink)

Quote:
Vandy is elite in recruiting and developing great talent but as I have stated that doesn't make you an elite program because the results are missing.

I didn't go to Belmont. Bruin is a high school mascot deal.
I'll give you that the results aren't all the way there. But being an elite program is more than just wins and losses.

Like I said, I wouldn't put us in the conversation with Florida and SC, but we are on the cusp of being there.

Now the only way to just any naysayers up is to make another trip to Omaha and bring a national Championship(other than women's bowling) back to Nashville.
VN Likes: 1
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 10-30-2012, 02:11 PM   #36 (permalink)

Quote:
I'll give you that the results aren't all the way there. But being an elite program is more than just wins and losses.

Like I said, I wouldn't put us in the conversation with Florida and SC, but we are on the cusp of being there.

Now the only way to just any naysayers up is to make another trip to Omaha and bring a national Championship(other than women's bowling) back to Nashville.
Losing Your pitching coach hurts for sure but in all seriousness there is no excuse for not going to Omaha on a every other year pace. Maybe you get there but IMO Corbin's coaching style will keep that from happening. His teams fade at years end for a reason and his approach is the reason IMO.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 10-30-2012, 02:52 PM   #37 (permalink)
Vomit Free Since 93

Quote:

Sure, being elite is more than wins and losses, but when it comes down to it, that's what holds the most weight. You can't be elite without winning at the highest level. Vandy is a good to great program, but not elite.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 10-30-2012, 03:32 PM   #38 (permalink)

Since were basing "elite" on going to the CWS, Lets break it down one step further and look at the men who have recruited those players who made up those "Elite" teams. I'll just cut to the chase and point to the fact that DS has been to the show 7 times with 2 different programs! Proof is in the pudding boys With that said, Corbin and DS were once friends, but since DS came to UT, Corbin won't even say hi, fact! You know what that makes him? Genetically flawed! I'll match up this coaching staff to any in the country, crazy make up!
VN Likes: 1
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 10-30-2012, 09:10 PM   #39 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1ArencibiaFan View Post
Sure, being elite is more than wins and losses, but when it comes down to it, that's what holds the most weight. You can't be elite without winning at the highest level. Vandy is a good to great program, but not elite.
But they have won at the highest level. They havent won it all but they have won at the CWS. Also winning several SEC championships is high level
Nashvegas is offline   Reply With Quote TOP
Old 10-30-2012, 09:21 PM   #40 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nashvegas View Post
But they have won at the highest level. They havent won it all but they have won at the CWS. Also winning several SEC championships is high level
See my examples of what winning at the highest level for elite programs really means and you will notice you guys are far from the status your are so desperate to claim.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 10-30-2012, 09:57 PM   #41 (permalink)

Guys, this is a silly argument. Vanderbilt has established themselves as one of the best baseball programs in the SEC, the best conference in America. Whether that makes them "good" or "elite" or "great" or "terrible" is a matter of how you define those terms. We all know how good Vandy is. The words we choose to describe them are really irrelevant. Its also important to add that Vandy is definitely better than us at the moment, without argument.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 10-30-2012, 10:00 PM   #42 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOrange51 View Post
Guys, this is a silly argument. Vanderbilt has established themselves as one of the best baseball programs in the SEC, the best conference in America. Whether that makes them "good" or "elite" or "great" or "terrible" is a matter of how you define those terms. We all know how good Vandy is. The words we choose to describe them are really irrelevant. Its also important to add that Vandy is definitely better than us at the moment, without argument.
We certainly would love to trade places that's for certain!
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 10-30-2012, 10:04 PM   #43 (permalink)
Vomit Free Since 93

I wouldn't trade UT's coaching staff.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 10-30-2012, 10:08 PM   #44 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1ArencibiaFan View Post
I wouldn't trade UT's coaching staff.
Strong words!

Before this newest change at vandy would you have traded?
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 10-30-2012, 10:11 PM   #45 (permalink)
Vomit Free Since 93

Nah, I like Serrano's track record. I think they will do big things at UT and be on Vandy's level soon.
Reply With Quote TOP