3685 users online now!    CONTACT US | ADVERTISE | REGISTER       

About this Page -- This is a discussion on Baseball Recruiting Class Ranked No. 20 Page 2. within the forum Tennessee Vols Baseball. Originally Posted by BigOrange51 This is correct. BA and PG are the only two people to listen to for the ...

Go Back   VolNation > Tennessee Vols Forums > Tennessee Vols Baseball

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-28-2012, 04:01 PM   #16 (permalink)
Vomit Free Since 93

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOrange51 View Post
This is correct. BA and PG are the only two people to listen to for the most part in college baseball. No one is even close to Aaron Fitt or Kendall Rogers when it comes to college baseball coverage.

I was amazed that we weren't mentioned in the Collegiate Baseball rankings. That being said, these class rankings don't mean a whole lot. Its a shot in the dark based on word of mouth potential.
And written and in person evaluation. The people who write these things for BA and PG travel to all the top amateur tournaments and showcases.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 10-28-2012, 04:41 PM   #17 (permalink)

Kendall Rogers at Perfect Game is my personal favorite.

Regardless, I think with the shape of the program that TR left it in, I would call this class the base from which Serrano will build our program up from. I've been to a couple of practices and scrimmages this fall and from what I have seen, we should be better this coming year. I don't think we'll contend for the SEC title but I think we have a good shot of finally making it back to Hoover.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 10-29-2012, 01:09 AM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1ArencibiaFan View Post
And written and in person evaluation. The people who write these things for BA and PG travel to all the top amateur tournaments and showcases.
Yea, but lots of these kids are only seen once or twice. Players carry reputations into these things, and as long as they don't utterly disprove those reputations, its assumed have just had an off day. Also players really turn heads at those things with appearance. You can get a PG Grade 7 without even putting on your cleats. The recruiting rankings are usually a very good indication of future success, but they aren't set in stone. There are too many variables to predict the success of an 18 year old with very much precision.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 10-29-2012, 08:48 AM   #19 (permalink)
Vomit Free Since 93

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOrange51;7549221.
The recruiting rankings are usually a very good indication of future success, but they aren't set in stone. There are too many variables to predict the success of an 18 year old with very much precision.
That's the nature of recruiting rankings for every sport. If that's your philosophy, then following recruiting isn't for you. Just wait and see how they do at the schools.

Quote:
Yea, but lots of these kids are only seen once or twice. Players carry reputations into these things, and as long as they don't utterly disprove those reputations, its assumed have just had an off day. Also players really turn heads at those things with appearance. You can get a PG Grade 7 without even putting on your cleats
These guys also have big networks of scouts, college coaches, high school coaches, and travel ball coaches that they talk to when developing these rankings. It's not just a shot in the dark.

Whether UT is 20 or 25, they are definitely not outside the top 100 and are obviously quickly improving recruiting under Serrano I'd expect it to only get better once he gets some winning done with these recruits.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 10-29-2012, 09:05 PM   #20 (permalink)

Hey guys, who's number 1 on that list?
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 10-29-2012, 09:43 PM   #21 (permalink)
Vomit Free Since 93

Quote:
Originally Posted by StallingsBaldSpot View Post
Hey guys, who's number 1 on that list?
The team that constantly underachieves?
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 10-29-2012, 09:45 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
The team that constantly underachieves?
The poster child for all underachievers around the globe!!!
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 10-29-2012, 09:49 PM   #23 (permalink)
Vomit Free Since 93

YouTube Link
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 10-30-2012, 04:43 AM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
nice video compilation of total collapse by the 'Dores.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 10-30-2012, 07:22 AM   #25 (permalink)

Just curious when was the last time Tennessee even had a #1 overall seed to blow? Hell when's the last time Tennessee was a national seed?

Were not the first #1 seed to lose our regional am we definitely won't be the last.

Y'all couldn't even beat us once in one of our worst years. When we sent 12 players to the major leagues.
VN Likes: 1
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 10-30-2012, 07:43 AM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by StallingsBaldSpot View Post
Just curious when was the last time Tennessee even had a #1 overall seed to blow? Hell when's the last time Tennessee was a national seed?

Were not the first #1 seed to lose our regional am we definitely won't be the last.

Y'all couldn't even beat us once in one of our worst years. When we sent 12 players to the major leagues.
Still waiting on your list of elite programs?????

Very excited to see if Missouri state, Stoney brook, Louisiana Lafayette, kent state, and all the other one trip to Omaha programs are on your list!!!!!
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 10-30-2012, 10:07 AM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinVol View Post
Still waiting on your list of elite programs?????

Very excited to see if Missouri state, Stoney brook, Louisiana Lafayette, kent state, and all the other one trip to Omaha programs are on your list!!!!!
This really shows your stupidity here. Vandy consistently finishes in the Top of the SEC year in and year out while finishing in the Top 25 year in and year out. All under Corbin.

All those teams you mentioned havent done that. When your produce such talent and consistently win enough to be a top team in the nation and the SEC every year, then that team is elite.

Just because you are a little ***** who has a major insecurity complex about Corbin and the Vandy program becasue a) you feel that you were personally harmed by them or b) you played for UT does not mean Vandy is not elite.
Nashvegas is offline   Reply With Quote TOP
Old 10-30-2012, 10:31 AM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nashvegas View Post
This really shows your stupidity here. Vandy consistently finishes in the Top of the SEC year in and year out while finishing in the Top 25 year in and year out. All under Corbin.

All those teams you mentioned havent done that. When your produce such talent and consistently win enough to be a top team in the nation and the SEC every year, then that team is elite.

Just because you are a little ***** who has a major insecurity complex about Corbin and the Vandy program becasue a) you feel that you were personally harmed by them or b) you played for UT does not mean Vandy is not elite.
Enlighten me on your list of elite programs..

Be careful make sure they all belong being included on the list.

Include number of trips to Omaha and national titles in your evidence that they all belong in that list.

Side note: elite talent doesn't insure elite status for a program. ONLY RESULTS!!!!
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 10-30-2012, 10:33 AM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinVol View Post
Enlighten me on your list of elite programs..

Be careful make sure they all belong being included on the list.

Include number of trips to Omaha and national titles in your evidence that they all belong in that list.

Side note: elite talent doesn't insure elite status for a program. ONLY RESULTS!!!!
Right now or ever? If you want ever then it will take a lot of time I dont have
Nashvegas is offline   Reply With Quote TOP
Old 10-30-2012, 10:44 AM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nashvegas View Post
Right now or ever? If you want ever then it will take a lot of time I dont have
Corbin era

Let me help you!!!

14 programs have been to omaha 3 or more times since Corbin has taken over. Georgia is one of those teams and I doubt anybody here is going to claim they are elite. 8 teams have been there 5 times in that timeframe.

Rice, Texas, Stanford, South Carolina, North Carolina, Miami, LSU, and Fullerton. Those are elite programs!!!!

Certainly candy doesn't belong in a group that has been 5 times to Omaha unless winning when it doesn't matter earns in the regular season earns elite status.

Last edited by BruinVol; 10-30-2012 at 11:01 AM..
Reply With Quote TOP