ESPN article- Sid Bream

fryeguy93

Rufus X. Sarsaparilli
Not Vol related but this article gout my attention.

Sid Bream's Electric Slide 1992 NLCS Game 7 - ESPN

In particular look at the comments made by Andy Van Slyke:

Still, as Francisco Cabrera stepped to the plate, Van Slyke knew Pittsburgh was just one pitch away from getting out of the inning. One more out and the Pirates would go to the World Series. So Van Slyke wanted to make sure. He told Barry Bonds, the Pirates' left fielder, to move in.

"I got his attention," Van Slyke said. "But he flipped me the bird. He put his hand up and said, 'I'll play where I want to play."

Had Bonds done what Van Slyke "suggested" then we have extra innings and a possible Pirates Dynasty instead of Braves

Not Vol related but this article gout my attention.

Sid Bream's Electric Slide 1992 NLCS Game 7 - ESPN

In particular look at the comments made by Andy Van Slyke:

Still, as Francisco Cabrera stepped to the plate, Van Slyke knew Pittsburgh was just one pitch away from getting out of the inning. One more out and the Pirates would go to the World Series. So Van Slyke wanted to make sure. He told Barry Bonds, the Pirates' left fielder, to move in.

"I got his attention," Van Slyke said. "But he flipped me the bird. He put his hand up and said, 'I'll play where I want to play."

Had Bonds done what Van Slyke "suggested" then we have extra innings and a possible Pirates Dynasty instead of Braves

It's Barry Bonds. He still said he never done steroids. But that big pumpkin head says otherwise.:eek:lol::eek:lol:

VN Store

Back