Kyle Serrano

so he's on a scholly, guess thats a good way to pay for your sons education

Maybe we can do with him like we did Alan Houston. Raise coaches salary whatever a year of college is an let him "walk on"

Usually no schollie is used when it is the coach's son. No schollie was used with the Pearl's either. In this case at least they are getting a top nationally ranked player like with Houston.

Usually no schollie is used when it is the coach's son. No schollie was used with the Pearl's either. In this case at least they are getting a top nationally ranked player like with Houston.

Not true. Steven got one his senior year, but we had a couple schollies left over.

Usually children of staff get half of tuition.

If thats the case I'm sure Serrano can afford to bring him here.

Usually children of staff get half of tuition.

If thats the case I'm sure Serrano can afford to bring him here.

This...I wasn't sure what the % was for the kid of a university employee. But I remember when I worked at UT Medical Center my kid could go to UT for half tuition. And the Med Center isn't even owned by the University. Not sure if that's still the case or not.

Really hope we get to see him in oranfe and white next year. Keith Law just rated him the #21 overall mlb prospect in this years draft
Posted via VolNation Mobile

He will never step foot on the campus unless as a fan.His arm is that strong and the draft will get him.But boy we could sure use some good arms.When you have been as bad as we have been for so long it is tough to get the great kids.

Questionable signability is our best shot. Scouts are scared of Dad and that might push him down low enough for him to come to school.

Jones will honor UVa commitment

Man, it would be cool to see Kyle release a statement like this kid has. Very impressive to see someone with the maturity to say this to scouts. There is zero doubt in my mind that college is the fastest way to the show and a better development environment for an 18-22 year old than the buses of MiLB. Here's hoping Kyle agrees and is willing to take a chance on that signing bonus.

Reactions: 1 person
Kyle's best source for info regarding life in the SEC vs life in the minors would be Bill Mosiello. He's done both.

Kyle is still growing and has a frame to carry a lot more weight. He has probably not topped out on his velo yet. Again, he has earned the right to make this decision through hard work and I wish him nothing but the best.

Last edited:
He will never step foot on the campus unless as a fan.His arm is that strong and the draft will get him.But boy we could sure use some good arms.When you have been as bad as we have been for so long it is tough to get the great kids.

Wrong.

I think he will end up at ut but that's imo. He is pitching Monday against Powell 6:30 at Farragut

VN Store

Back