Mass Exodus From Good 'Ole Rocky Top

thegreatwhite1

Exit meetings have already taken place. Between graduation and those asked not to return, the Vols roster will be totally revamped. Will the Vols be substantially better with newcomers next year? Or will they suck again and be a team that will compete in two years?

Well, we know graduation will not yield many exits. So how many underclassmen will be gone to merit mass exodus?

He's not a troll, there will be a major adjustment in the roster for next season, that hasn't exactly been a secret.

Reactions: 2 people
looks like only 6 seniors, but i say at least 8 more to go out the door. carter has already quit and several more will follow. cds will be bringing in at least 14 or 15 new players this season. i say it will take another good class to bring us back to the level we need to be at. we will be better next year, but 2014 will be very good. this team was just a wreck from the raleigh years. he just could not get the sec type players we need to compete.

He's not a troll, there will be a major adjustment in the roster for next season, that hasn't exactly been a secret.

Deer I don't want speculation but can you give us confirmed names of those gone? Richard Carter we know but I am sure there are others.

Also I curious what you think of the transfer rules in the other thread?

Last edited:
he signed 13 during the early signing period in the fall. i guess some may be drafted, so we will have to wait and see how many we can get on campus for next season. 3 of these are jucos that were highly sought after.

A necessary evil unfortunately. I know this will be shed in a negative light by some but I think its a good thing...at least in the sense that it will free up room for better players and improve the overall talent level.

Reactions: 5 people
Carter, Weaver, Fritts, Rowland and Vanderplas were let go...maybe a few others but don't know who. Steckenrider is not coming back as well.

Good for the CDS to get his players in so the Vols can be competitive again. Obviously the former staff needed to go so the players they recruited need to follow suit.

Hate it for Jake Rowland. Good kid but I kind of saw this coming when TR got the ax. Maybe he can catch on at Lee or TWC. Which is where I thought he belonged to start with. Can't blame him though, who wouldn't have signed with UT if offered. Lee and TWC play some high calibur NAIA ball so that wouldn't be a bad landing spot.

Just because he makes a correct statement, does not mean that he isn't a troll.

Hate it for Jake Rowland. Good kid but I kind of saw this coming when TR got the ax. Maybe he can catch on at Lee or TWC. Which is where I thought he belonged to start with. Can't blame him though, who wouldn't have signed with UT if offered. Lee and TWC play some high calibur NAIA ball so that wouldn't be a bad landing spot.

It's a travesty that he cant transfer to one of the lower D1 schools that recruited him so hard out of high school without sitting out a year. Shame on the NCAA for allowing this kid to be penalized in two different ways!

Gotta believe there's gonna be a significant upgrade in talent next year, this a former CWS coach out there recruiting now, not Todd Raleigh

I read the guys on 247 say maybe only 10 or so of the current roster are expected to stay. Serrano is bringing in a ton of new players.

Deer I don't want speculation but can you give us confirmed names of those gone? Richard Carter we know but I am sure there are others.

Also I curious what you think of the transfer rules in the other thread?

I don't feel comfortable putting out a list. Another poster in this thread listed a few, and I'm not certain all of his information is correct. I added my thoughts to the other thread before I saw this post. I understand the rule, but if a guy is cut, I agree he should be able to get money elsewhere. I know Serrano is going to try and help guys catch on elsewhere as much as he can.

I read the guys on 247 say maybe only 10 or so of the current roster are expected to stay. Serrano is bringing in a ton of new players.

Closer to 7-8.

Carter, Weaver, Fritts, Rowland and Vanderplas were let go...maybe a few others but don't know who. Steckenrider is not coming back as well.

I'm really surprised about Fritts...Is Steckenrider not coming back because he's got professional opportunities? Fritts led the team with 28 RBI's, great in center, gonna be a senior...interesting

It's a travesty that he cant transfer to one of the lower D1 schools that recruited him so hard out of high school without sitting out a year. Shame on the NCAA for allowing this kid to be penalized in two different ways!

Said it in the other thread, but in case others don't see it there, I'm told that the NCAA almost always grants a waiver in these cases to play right away, and UT will assist with those.

Said it in the other thread, but in case others don't see it there, I'm told that the NCAA almost always grants a waiver in these cases to play right away, and UT will assist with those.

That isn't accurate. As the rules are now unless he gets a hardship waiver he will have to sit out. Such a waiver would require an illness in the family like Tyler Smith. UT will push these kids to four year schools to protect their APR but they won't be eligible unless its NAIA or D2 or 3

That isn't accurate. As the rules are now unless he gets a hardship waiver he will have to sit out. Such a waiver would require an illness in the family like Tyler Smith. UT will push these kids to four year schools to protect their APR but they won't be eligible unless its NAIA or D2 or 3

Well, my info on that is coming from compliance people at two different D1 schools, so I think these guys have a pretty good shot at getting one.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Well, my info on that is coming from compliance people at two different D1 schools, so I think these guys have a pretty good shot at getting one.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

They are wrong. The only loop hole is if the kid was a walkon(which may be the case with Rowland) and the kid wasn't recruited(1 phone call or less and no official visit). I appreciate your input and value what you say but your info is wrong in this case.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back