Nick Blount dismissed

Here is the complete release:

Junior Nick Blount has been dismissed from the Tennessee baseball team due to violation of team rules, head coach Dave Serrano announced Saturday.

“It is an unfortunate situation for everyone involved,” Serrano said. “As I have stated before, this program is moving forward in every aspect. Our players and staff are expected to represent this great university to the highest order. Those who do not will not be a part of our program.”

Blount pitched in a team-high 23 contests this season, going 2-3 with a 5.04 ERA and 10 saves. He had appeared in 61 career contests with a 5-10 record and 6.28 ERA.

well_bye.jpg

Reactions: 1 person
I wouldn't say it's no big deal, he had 10 saves. Things were tough enough, this just makes it harder. Sucks to lose him and we might as well have lost Thornton...I'm all for running a tight ship on the other hand.

I wish CDD would pay close attention to the approach of CDS. It is the way it should be done versus what has happened under CDD's tenure.

What happens when a kid gets dismissed from the team when they are in Auburn Alabama? Does he have to find his own way home or what?

What happens when a kid gets dismissed from the team when they are in Auburn Alabama? Does he have to find his own way home or what?

hopefuly, it's not like joe don baker told a deputy in "walking tall", that had sold him out, WALK HOME.

I wish CDD would pay close attention to the approach of CDS. It is the way it should be done versus what has happened under CDD's tenure.

Just like earlier in the baseball season you were saying you hoped the football team learned something from the baseball team when they were winning but I am not hearing that from you now. Hell why don't you just stick to the football board and ***** and complain about everything over there instead of bringing it here. In case you haven't noticed there is absolutely nothing that the baseball program can teach the football program or any other program for that matter unless one is interested in seeing what rock bottom looks like.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people
hopefuly, it's not like joe don baker told a deputy in "walking tall", that had sold him out, WALK HOME.

The last time this happened the director of operations guy drove the kid home in a rental car. I hope they put him on a greyhound bus.

Going to be a lot more than Blount hitting the road in the very near future. It won't be about discipline but about cleaning house. A lot of kids going to have money taken away at the end of the year IMO.

In 1995, Andy Lopez was hired at the University of Florida as we pitied the players on that team in SEC-East Tourney because we knew most were not coming back.

Lopez had signed like 20+ guys and it was clear that the Gators' talent was far below SEC level.

Is that what may happen in Knoxville.

I love guys that want to be a Vol. But it is clear (especially offensively) that Todd Raleigh could not recruit top tier talent and signed a lot of OVC/SoCon/Div II talent to fill the roster.

Now this talent gap may be finally showing as we have lost 6 of 7 to teams that are subpar talent as well.

In 1995, Andy Lopez was hired at the University of Florida as we pitied the players on that team in SEC-East Tourney because we knew most were not coming back.

Lopez had signed like 20+ guys and it was clear that the Gators' talent was far below SEC level.

Is that what may happen in Knoxville.

Um, yes. Team will look a LOT different next year. Like a bad pro team, guys are playing for jobs next year, and that's not a huge secret. Players know what the deal is. You've seen three guys show a disregard for things this season and they're gone. Not to mention the ones dismissed in the fall. It's a work in progress.

VN Store

Back