3527 users online now!    CONTACT US | ADVERTISE | REGISTER       

About this Page -- This is a discussion on Cody Stubbs Page 2. within the forum Tennessee Vols Baseball. i'm wondering if they wave the out of state part of tuiton though for the players...somehow hook them up where ...

Go Back   VolNation > Tennessee Vols Forums > Tennessee Vols Baseball

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-06-2012, 10:04 PM   #16 (permalink)

i'm wondering if they wave the out of state part of tuiton though for the players...somehow hook them up where they get to pay instate...does anyone know??
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 03-06-2012, 10:08 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodtobegoad View Post
i'm wondering if they wave the out of state part of tuiton though for the players...somehow hook them up where they get to pay instate...does anyone know??
Can't do that, it would be against NCAA rules.

The exception is that some schools give international students in-state tuition. But if you do it for athletes, you have to do it for all students.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 03-06-2012, 10:26 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodtobegoad View Post
Some schools have target areas for in state tuition. Some of the Kentucky Universities allow for kids that are located in certain areas to get in state tuition but as Deer said it has to be for all students. Also some schools offer a waiver of out of state tuition depending on good grades.
Posted via VolNation Mobile
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 03-07-2012, 07:47 AM   #19 (permalink)

I think the most i ever heard a UT baseball player getting was around 80%.And the biggest bargain of all Todd Helton 0% on football schlarship
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 03-07-2012, 09:04 AM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenn fever View Post
I think the most i ever heard a UT baseball player getting was around 80%.And the biggest bargain of all Todd Helton 0% on football schlarship
There have been several players that Delmonico gave full rides to.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 03-07-2012, 04:17 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeerPark12 View Post
There have been several players that Delmonico gave full rides to.
Yeah. Toles was the most recent, if I remember correctly. That certainly didn't help Raleigh's original situation. Luckily that mess was cleaned up, and they'll be able to get back to having success.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 03-07-2012, 07:34 PM   #22 (permalink)
Imperial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daloth View Post
That's really sad. I'm paying less to go to a private school with no sports scholarships than they were to play a major sport at a state school.

Someone should do something about that sad situation. Thanks for the explanation though guys.
Not until Title IX is done away with...
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 09-12-2012, 05:14 PM   #23 (permalink)

Cody Stubbs

Someone told me that they had read this post and I thought it was pretty sad. I know the Stubbs family and Cody Stubbs did not leave the UT baseball program because of financial reasons and it is a joke that people who post on this forum would even make excuses for what was a baseball program that was a total train wreck, coached by a tyrant who abused players, and a administration that knew what was going on and did nothing. I know for a fact that he left becasue of Raleigh and no other. The families do not speak and have not spoke since he left UT so it sounds to me that fans of this program are still trying to make excuses for a baseball program that was the laughing stock of the SEC. It is ashame that fans on blogs want to spread things that are totally false about a kid who is the kind of player that UT needs in there athletic program. From what I understand he loves where he is at and is enjoying playing for one of the top programs in the country where they know how to win and respect the players they recruit. Very sad.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 09-12-2012, 06:20 PM   #24 (permalink)
Vomit Free Since 93

No one makes excuses for Raleigh. He sucked as a coach and person.
VN Likes: 1
Reply With Quote TOP