Game 3 - UT vs Rice at the Houston Classic 7PM EST

vol66

GBO!!!
Staff member
UT junior Nick Blount (ERA 1.50) will take the mound for the Vols, while freshman Jordan Stephens (ERA 3.68) will throw the first pitch for the top 5 ranked Owls.

Rice is off to a 10-1 start, losing only to Texas. Tennessee defeated Texas yesterday 5-4, and are off to an 8-2 start.

The game is on ESPN3.

GBO!

UT junior Nick Blount (ERA 1.50) will take the mound for the Vols, while freshman Jordan Stephens (ERA 3.68) will throw the first pitch for the top 5 ranked Owls.

Rice is off to a 10-1 start, losing only to Texas. Tennessee defeated Texas yesterday 5-4, and are off to an 8-2 start.

The game is on ESPN3.

GBO!

Hope the Vols can win 2 straight vs top 25 ranked teams.

I think it's going to be a nailbiter.

I am seeing Tennessee with a 9-1 record based on the schedule results I see on here and on UTsports.com. Am I missing a loss somewhere? Saw a record of 8-2 posted somewhere else also and I am confused. Who else beat us besides MSTU?

I am seeing Tennessee with a 9-1 record based on the schedule results I see on here and on UTsports.com. Am I missing a loss somewhere? Saw a record of 8-2 posted somewhere else also and I am confused. Who else beat us besides MSTU?

Houston

We've lost to MTSU and we lost to Houston in the first game of the Classic.

We've lost to MTSU and we lost to Houston in the first game of the Classic.

Ok I see it now. Volnation and UTsports.com need to fix the results as both are reporting that as a win for the Vols. I have not followed UT baseball very much in the last couple of years because of the obvious lack of coaching ability that was taking place. Serrano and these Vols have renewed a passion in me for my first love, baseball. Go Vols, hope they can hang in there with Rice.

Reminder....I tabbed Vols to go 2-1 this weekend losing to Houston's #1 guy and beating Texas and Rice. I hoped Rice would be down to #4 or #5 guy throwing their better buys against the perceived better competion and in-state rivals in Texas and Texas Tech.

So far I have been dead on. I like Nick Blount this season. His demeanor on the mound is almost that of a closer.

So Vols have Blount going against a freshman at the tail end of a long tournament on a Sunday night. If the Vols stay focused more than the Owls (and I'm sure they will) I think we are good shape to shock the world.

That MTSU loss will hurt tomorrow if we do win. Will a team that goes 2-2 on the week get ranked no matter who they beat? In the polls where voters are not educated I don't think they will.

PUMPED for this game and this team! Let's go SMACK the #4 team in the mouth! GO VOLS!!!

Reminder....I tabbed Vols to go 2-1 this weekend losing to Houston's #1 guy and beating Texas and Rice. I hoped Rice would be down to #4 or #5 guy throwing their better buys against the perceived better competion and in-state rivals in Texas and Texas Tech.

So far I have been dead on. I like Nick Blount this season. His demeanor on the mound is almost that of a closer.

So Vols have Blount going against a freshman at the tail end of a long tournament on a Sunday night. If the Vols stay focused more than the Owls (and I'm sure they will) I think we are good shape to shock the world.

That MTSU loss will hurt tomorrow if we do win. Will a team that goes 2-2 on the week get ranked no matter who they beat? In the polls where voters are not educated I don't think they will.

You did call it. As for the poll, I think if we beat Rice and Texas, they'd take notice, don't know if it's enough...

Reactions: 1 person
I am gutted that I am going to miss this game... The first game all year that I will have missed. :( Have a great time if you are going! I can't justify a 00:00am start on a school night, otherwise I would be stuck in. Go VOLS! Will check the score first thing tomorrow.

So is espn3 airing the game live or taped later 2nite? Thinking about getting dinner/drinks at a place that has espn3, so don't want to go there for not.

#21 Texas loses again today, #4 Arkansas picks up the win 7-3.

They allowed Texas to stay ranked with a record that is below 500.
As for will they get ranked I don't think they will until they play division games vs other ranked teams in a 3 game series able to show if they beat Rice when they beat Rice, and Texas it wasn't a fluke.

THanks then I'll be going to Buffalo Wild Wings for Dinner, and to watch the game.

Ha!!! That's where I'm gonna end up too. Food isn't good enough to go there unless there is a reason.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I am gutted that I am going to miss this game... The first game all year that I will have missed. :( Have a great time if you are going! I can't justify a 00:00am start on a school night, otherwise I would be stuck in. Go VOLS! Will check the score first thing tomorrow.

Lol!!!

I just had a friend call and ask if the game would be on there and they said it wouldnt

It's early but right now that win vs Rice is looking like a fluke.

Baseball is completely different than hoops and football. If a team has a top flight pitcher they can beat any of the great teams. Appts St beat LSU so its very common in baseball.

the game was an option for me on ESPN3 through my Xbox 360 a few hours ago, but it has disappeared now. Any xbox live experts out there tell me why I'm not seeing the game as a menu selection any more?

Looks like Houston is finally out of pitching.

Losing 10-4 in the 8th to TTU

VN Store

Back