Tennessee Baseball - Respect from KNS?

Perry Parris

Unbelievably - to me at least - in last week's article by John Adams on the Eastern Michigan DH AND in today's article about the Morehead State DH by Mark Burgess, starting pitcher (and AA candidate) James Adkins ws referred to as JEFF Adkins.

Not necessarily a big deal if it happened once, but twice....c'mon. This guy is one of the premier pitchers in collegiate baseball, just like Ralph -ahem - Roger Clemens is in MLB.

I'm not saying this to blister the KNS, just that the BaseVols deserve some props, respect and consistent ink for the great success they have achieved thru the years. Does UT need a beat writer assigned to baseball? What happened to Nick Gates' articles? He seemed to be the one that "covered" the Diamond Vols in years past.

I'm all for it.

Vol Baseball is the hidden sports gem on The Hill....get out and support them if you can.

(Perry Parris @ Feb 18 said:
Unbelievably - to me at least - in last week's article by John Adams on the Eastern Michigan DH AND in today's article about the Morehead State DH by Mark Burgess, starting pitcher (and AA candidate) James Adkins ws referred to as JEFF Adkins.

Not necessarily a big deal if it happened once, but twice....c'mon. This guy is one of the premier pitchers in collegiate baseball, just like Ralph -ahem - Roger Clemens is in MLB.

I'm not saying this to blister the KNS, just that the BaseVols deserve some props, respect and consistent ink for the great success they have achieved thru the years. Does UT need a beat writer assigned to baseball? What happened to Nick Gates' articles? He seemed to be the one that "covered" the Diamond Vols in years past.

I'm all for it.

Vol Baseball is the hidden sports gem on The Hill....get out and support them if you can.
Burgess is too concerned about 2010-11 Lady Vol recruiting to worry about anything else.

(Perry Parris @ Feb 18 said:

I'm all for it.

I think the KNS needs a baseball beat writer. You think they would hire me? :lol:

Seriously though, I have been thinking of doing some articles on the team. With the amount of traffic we get on the front page here, maybe we can help drum up more interest. They deserve it.

By the way, Jeff/James Adkins is the man!!

VN Store

Back