2012 commitment list

lylsmorr

Vincent Jackson - 1B/OF/LHP; McDonough, GA; .425 BA and a 6.77 60 yard dash; #91 prospect in the 2012 class; 2011 1st Team PerfectGame.com Underclass All American
Vincent Jackson PG Profile

Colton Harris - LHP; Newbern, TN; 32-5 career record.

Michael Parrish - C; Cordova, TN; led ECS to the state championship
Michael Parrish PG Profile
GVX release on Parrish

AJ Simcox - SS; Knoxville, TN; .470 BA and 28 game hit streak posted his junior year
AJ Simcox PG Profile
GVX Release on Simcox

Drake Owenby - LHP; Powell, TN; 7-3, 1.71 ERA, 91:18 K/BB
Drake Owenby PG Profile
GVX Release on Drake Owenby

Andrew Lee - 3B; Morristown, TN; 2011 PerfectGame.com Underclass All American Honorable Mention
Andrew Lee PG Profile

Christin Stewart - C/1B/OF; Lawrenceville, GA; reported pop time of 1.94s. 2011 PerfectGame.com Underclass 3rd team All American
Christin Stewart PG Profile
Gwinnett Newspaper release on Christin Stewart

Heath Loyd - UTIL; Johnson City, TN; BA over .400
GVX Release on Heath Loyd

David Houser - C; Columbia, SC; 2010 3rd team PerfectGame.com Underclass All American, 2011 1st team PerfectGame.com Underclass All American. Reported pop time of anywhere from 1.75-1.86s, that is absolutely slinging it to 2nd. Compared to Yadier Molina's reported pop time of about 1.86s.
David Houser PG Profile
GVX Release on David Houser

Derek Lance - 3B; Knoxville, TN; hit .366 with 5 HRs, 15 SBs and 34 RBIs.
Derek Lance PG Profile

Andy Cox - LHP; Memphis, TN; 2011 PG Underclassman Honorable Mention All American, Former Arkansas commit, reported 87 MPH fastball.
Andy Cox Perfect Game Profile

Tyler Smith - RHP; USC Sumter(JuCo); 6-0, 3.41 ERA, 58 IPs, 22 ERs, 47 hits allowed, 75 K's, 23 BB's
NJCAA | Colleges | USC Sumter | Baseball I | Tyler Smith

Scott Price - 1B/OF; USC Sumter(JuCo); .405 BA, 5 HRs, 13 doubles, 2 triples, 26 runs scored, 34 RBIs
NJCAA | Colleges | USC Sumter | Baseball I | Scott Price

Adam Giacalone - RHP/1B; Neosho Community College; JuCo All American; 2010 season: 10-1, 2.10 ERA in 83 1/3 innings. 83 K's, 14 BB's and an Opp Batting Avg of .229. Also batted .396, 18 HRs, 102 RBIs
Adam Giacalone PG Profile

Am I missing anyone?

Last edited:
Colton Harris, a left-handed pitcher with a 32-5 career record at Dyer County (Tenn.) High School
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Colton Harris, a left-handed pitcher with a 32-5 career record at Dyer County (Tenn.) High School

I thought so, but there were two Colton Harris' as prospects. Thanks.

I wish perfect game didn't want money for anything other than the bare minimum coverage.

Last edited:
We have five baseball commits for 2012. The fifth is Drake Owenby from Powell High School in Knoxville. I really like our new coach and staff. We finally have a baseball program again.

I just feel that we wont compete with Vandy, UF, and USC unless we recruit bigtime guys and we arent getting those guys atp

I just feel that we wont compete with Vandy, UF, and USC unless we recruit bigtime guys and we arent getting those guys atp

Is this serious? If it is, go look at AJ Simcox's thread and check out his offers.

Is this serious? If it is, go look at AJ Simcox's thread and check out his offers.

Yeah but even if Serrano wasnt here Simcox would have come. It doesnt matter who the coach is, Simcox was going to UT. Have you seen Vandys or Florida recruiting classes? All their players get drafted and are in the top 150 players in the nation. Once we do that then I will get excited.

Reactions: 1 person
Yeah but even if Serrano wasnt here Simcox would have come. It doesnt matter who the coach is, Simcox was going to UT. Have you seen Vandys or Florida recruiting classes? All their players get drafted and are in the top 150 players in the nation. Once we do that then I will get excited.

You keep telling yourself that about Simcox if it helps you sleep better.

I know I wouldn't want to come play for Raleigh no matter what prior connections I had to the University.

Last edited:

Simcox and Jackson arent at that level? It doesnt matter that Simcox would be here with or without Serrano, just as long as he actually doesnt take the money and comes to school.

Simcox and Jackson arent at that level? It doesnt matter that Simcox would be here with or without Serrano, just as long as he actually doesnt take the money and comes to school.

No they are not

Why does this matter? He's still a big time talent. So is Jackson

Give Serrano a little time to work his turnaround.

He pulled in top 5 to top 20 recruiting classes in California, and he'll do it again in Tennessee.

However, the baseball recruiting cycle is so early that most of the top 2012 high school grads had verbally committed long before Serrano moved to Tennessee.

For 2011 grads and current JUCO transfers, all he can do is patch holes with leftovers for whatever roster spots he still has. For 2012 grads, he's moving quickly to get the best of the guys who weren't already plucked by Vandy, UF, USC, etc. last fall.

But when he announces his early signing of 2013 grads in November, 2012, you'll see how he can really recruit.

Until that class arrives to play in 2014 and assumes team leadership in 2015, team success will depend heavily on his ability to coach the guys he inherited.

Realistically, we can hope to see improvement in 2012, respectability in 2013, and potential to contend in 2014. Anyone who expects progress much faster than that is expecting too much.

Colton has had a very good career.Dyer Co also has another player on the team that should go high as well.A kid by the name of Andrew Massie.Both were selected to the Tenn ALL Star team that played Texas for the championship.I believe Colton throws around 86 or 87 miles an hour with sevearl other pitches.Mixes it up well.Massie throws around 91 or 92.Dyer Co also has another kid throwing in the upper 80's in Quentin Haycfaft.I believe all of them will be seniors thsi coming season.My son has played with Massie and Haycfaft on travel teams.With Harris committing,could open the door for some future Dyer Co players.Dyer Co has several players coming from other counties that will be freshmen.That team just won the stste and suppose to go to Florida.I mean there are some stud pitchers on that team .Throwing in the 80's now as incoming freshmen.

You can thank 85Destiny for this idea

We should have this as a new thread that's locked from comment. There should be 2 posts in that thread. The first post should be the signees listed listing them as "commitment" or "signee".

The second post should deal with their draft and signing status only.

Who drafted, when and whether they have signed a pro contract.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back