We will get the gist of this search

fryeguy93

Rufus X. Sarsaparilli
when the official head coach job is listed on the university website.

Mainly,

if the job requires a college degree then we know Serrano is out.

If the job does not or requires the jobholder to be working his way to degree then we know Serrano is in play and that Hamilton has been in contact with Dave's agent to gauge potential interest.

Serrano still has at least 2 weekends of baseball to play. Possibly 3. Fullerton is a top-16 team so it is highly likely they could host regional play and would go on road for Super Regions (most likely)

Can UT and Mike Hamilton wait 3 or more weeks to hire Dave Serrano? Is there really a rush?

Will Mike Hamilton want to have a hire in place before the June 10-11 NCAA hearing? Or would he desire to wait until after? That is 2-1/2 weeks away so I'm guessing he will wait until after.

This "pause" could prevent candidates and their agents from using the UT job to garner a pay raise as the world will know that Mike H. and staff is prepping for Indianapolis and not negotiating with baseball candidates.

Prediction?

If the listing has dropped the current degree requirement, then we will wait until June 13 to speak to Serrano. Then we will go to next candidates after that.

Here is the link we should check every day or so:

https://webapps.dii.utk.edu/UTJobLi...1&State=Expand&strArg=12&ViewByText=Athletics

These are staff positions in the athletics departments at UTK.

By the way. There are 3 positions posted now.

(1) Media relations (I think filled today)
(2) Strength and Conditioning
(3) Assistant Women's Rowing.

2 of the posts require a Bachelor's degree. Those 2 also prefer Master's degree.

Guys, I still don't think we can hire Serrano. The fact that he continues to have his coupon diploma on his resume seemingly indicates he does not think this is a problem.

How can you work on college campuses for almost 20 years and not finish up a degree. 1-2 classes a calendar year. Maybe in summer?

I can with 100% certainty say that Serrano has already been contacted.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

So, there's no way we do that unless the degree issue can be negated. Right?

I honestly am not sure on the policy of it. I really believe if they want it to happen, it will be a non-issue.

Someone with access to the policy and legal side could shine more light.

It may be that Dave has to do work to get there. I'm not real sure.

Long story short, Dave Serrano needs to "suck it up" and get it done.

and remove the Trinity College & University crap from profile.

I know this is probably a silly question, but how are we contacting these guys, have we hired a search firm, just back channel stuff with agents? These guys are still playing games, so...just curious.

I know this is probably a silly question, but how are we contacting these guys, have we hired a search firm, just back channel stuff with agents? These guys are still playing games, so...just curious.

Back channels were used for Serrano. Hamilton will use a search firm, though.

Still not posted BUT a position of assistant swimming coach is. That listing does indicate a Bachelors degree is needed.

Making that a requirement does paint you into a corner and forces the AD to decide what qualifies as an acceptable Bachelor's Degree.

Does a degree from a brick and mortar school in Tanzania qualify. We do know that a degree from Trinity College & University should never count.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back