The Official Don't Hire Chris Burke Thread

altidore17

The Master
A program in such shambles as UT's is in right now does not need to hire a guy who has never coached a baseball game. Even if Burke were a HOF player in the major (.270 lifetime hitter), it would be very questionable to hire him never having coached a game.

If Hamilton decides to actually hire this guy, then he should go ahead and fire himself. UT can do MUCH better than a guy with a career record of 0-0.

A program in such shambles as UT's is in right now does not need to hire a guy who has never coached a baseball game. Even if Burke were a HOF player in the major (.270 lifetime hitter), it would be very questionable to hire him never having coached a game.

If Hamilton decides to actually hire this guy, then he should go ahead and fire himself. UT can do MUCH better than a guy with a career record of 0-0.
What was your hero Delmonico's career record when UT hired him?

What was your hero Delmonico's career record when UT hired him?

He was only one of the top assistants in the country at the time. Not a big deal or anything. Come back when you have knowledge about the game of baseball.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I'm a Chris Burke fan, but I would like to see Tennessee hire someone with a proven track record.

He was only one of the top assistants in the country at the time. Not a big deal or anything. Come back when you have knowledge about the game of baseball.

Still was an assistant.

UT can do MUCH better than a guy with a career record of 0-0.

You saying UT could have done better than Delmonico?

Chris Burke was an unbelievable Vol and loves the University of Tennessee. Even if you think we should hire a more seasoned candidate, as most of us do, this thread is pathetic.

I agree completely...

Chris Burke was an unbelievable Vol and loves the University of Tennessee. Even if you think we should hire a more seasoned candidate, as most of us do, this thread is pathetic.

What information in what this guy posted is not true, and what makes this pathetic?

What information in what this guy posted is not true, and what makes this pathetic?

No misinformation. I included myself in the camp that wants a more experienced coach. Just hit me the wrong way that we need an 'official' campaign against the guy.

Although I am a big fan of Burke, I don't think Hamilton can take the risk of hiring someone without HC experience. If any UT Alum could do it, it would be Chris... but it's still not worth the risk. Hamilton needs a guy with credentials. Someone like Serrano.

Although I am a big fan of Burke, I don't think Hamilton can take the risk of hiring someone without HC experience. If any UT Alum could do it, it would be Chris... but it's still not worth the risk. Hamilton needs a guy with credentials. Someone like Serrano.

Exactly!
I could see this after Delmonico but having stepped outside the box and hiring CTR with disastrous results, he has to hire a proven winner on the major Division I level.

VN Store

Back