Serrano

dougvolfan

he coached here two years and did great at two programs uc i
rvine and Cal state fullerton........he is making $150,000........its a steal

Last edited:
That's definitely what they NEED a proven guy to rebuild the crap raliegh left
Posted via VolNation Mobile

He won't come here and work for Hammy. He is too smart. And your kidding yourself if you think Hammy will throw money at anyone!

forget it. anybody hammy hires is going to be strictly off the bargain rack or somebody nobody ever heard about (for good reason). that's his mentality and his standing among his peers. if he stays at u.t. much longer, the vols will be competing with and considered the equivalent of the likes of m.t.s.u. vandy got there some time ago, but then, they've got an academic reputation second to few.

He's making $150,000....Raleigh was making $220,000 I believe.....offer him $250,000 or $300,000.

He's not still a savage is he? Last I heard he thought JC couldn't hit a curve ball...

I heard since he had not earned a degree (as of the time of last opening) Hamilton did not even consider him. Pretty sure his team was in the CWS during the hire.
Anybody who lets Raleigh run off Coach Corral is not running this program in a positive direction.

PedroCerrano%5B1%5D.JPG

He is. I just pulled that bio from his time at Irvine to find out if was indeed him that the original poster was talking about.

How many Dave Serranos are there?

Even if UT can get past the diploma-mill degree he has, I still don't see what makes anyone think he'd come. Just because someone was an assistant coach here 15 years ago doesn't mean they're dying to come back. Serrano will have plenty of other opportunities come his way if he doesn't want to stay at Fullerton.

Even if UT can get past the diploma-mill degree he has, I still don't see what makes anyone think he'd come. Just because someone was an assistant coach here 15 years ago doesn't mean they're dying to come back. Serrano will have plenty of other opportunities come his way if he doesn't want to stay at Fullerton.

even though CSF is the closest thing to a "Baseball School" in America, they lack the support to turn a profit in the sport and must make up the difference in a football and basketball program that loses money.

Fullerton has had a lot of coaches that succeeded and left. Larry Cochell went to Oklahoma *(and took his swastika) Augie Garrido won 3 titles at Fullerton and then went to Texas. George Horton took HUGE Nike money to go to Oregon and start literally from scratch.

Fullerton would love to pay Serrano more money but they can't. Serrano will eventually leave for a big school, I just want Tennessee to be that school.

even though CSF is the closest thing to a "Baseball School" in America, they lack the support to turn a profit in the sport and must make up the difference in a football and basketball program that loses money.

Fullerton has had a lot of coaches that succeeded and left. Larry Cochell went to Oklahoma *(and took his swastika) Augie Garrido won 3 titles at Fullerton and then went to Texas. George Horton took HUGE Nike money to go to Oregon and start literally from scratch.

Fullerton would love to pay Serrano more money but they can't. Serrano will eventually leave for a big school, I just want Tennessee to be that school.

Note: Augie went from Fullerton to Illinois then back to Fullerton then on to Texas

VN Store

Back